PDA

View Full Version : Carel Mastercella keypad fault

wheelo
16-10-2015, 11:11 PM
Please help, I installed a carel mastercella controller to a cold room about a year ago. When I went to it I could not access the parameter menu. The light switch button is not responding or is the on/off button. None of the buttons seem to be responding. The parameters seem to be gone back to default values. Would it be a case that the keypad is locked or is this function available on this controller. If so could somebody tell me how to unlock the keypad? Or is it a case that the keypad is faulty? I would appreciate any advise, I have never seen this type fault before.

Rtic
17-10-2015, 01:36 AM
I've installed 100s of Carel Mastercella controllers, and never seen this happen, but it does sounds to me that the controller has failed completely. You can lock the keypad via the parameters, but the on/off button would still respond. There is no parameter setting that disables or locks the on/off button; so if it is unresponsive and along with the other symptoms, I would guess the PCB is fried.

joe-ice
17-10-2015, 11:14 AM
Parameter h6 can be used to lockout all the buttons including the off button, make sure h6 is set to 0 which opens all keys,h2 can also lockout some functions should be set to 1 for full access ,other than that its fried as said above

wheelo
17-10-2015, 07:46 PM
Parameter h6 can be used to lockout all the buttons including the off button, make sure h6 is set to 0 which opens all keys,h2 can also lockout some functions should be set to 1 for full access ,other than that its fried as said above

Thank you both for the reply. The problem with the H6 parameter is i cannot access it as none of the buttons seem to be responsive, so therefore i cannot get into the parameter menu. So as you both have said it looks like the board is fried. I have never seen this before for controller to still function properly apart from the use of the keypad and the parameters to go back to default.

Thanks again to you both for your advise

joe-ice
17-10-2015, 07:59 PM
Might also be worth checking the connections on the ribbon cable going up to the door

Rtic
18-10-2015, 01:15 AM
So is the refrigeration is working as normal, but with default settings on the controller?

wheelo
18-10-2015, 09:08 AM
The refrigeration is working as normal compressor cuts in and out as normal. The digital display is reading the temperature. The compressor symbol comes on and off as normal with the compressor cycle. The evaporator fans are cutting out when the compressor is off. I would have originally set this for the fans to run continuous and on during defrost. Some of the buttons on the keypad make a beeping noise when pushed but as I said nothing happens. I did look at the ribbon, it seemed to be ok, I might double check this to be sure.

Rtic
18-10-2015, 11:21 AM
How strange. When you press "prg" and "set" together for 5 seconds to access the parrimiters, does nothing happan on the display (no sounds or no changing display?)?

wheelo
18-10-2015, 07:58 PM
How strange. When you press "prg" and "set" together for 5 seconds to access the parrimiters, does nothing happan on the display (no sounds or no changing display?)?
Rtic I will be back at it this week, I will double check the "prg" and "set" buttons, but I am 99% sure this is not working as I tried it at the last visit. At least I am not the only one to think this is strange. I will post an update when I get back to it.