PDA

View Full Version : Turbocor faults

Putte
22-09-2015, 01:29 PM
Hi There!

Some backround info:

Chiller - Climaveneta TECS-H 2AS (2005) with 2x Turbocor TT300 compressors.
R134a (2x40kg)

I've a Turbocor compressor that gives me an AL:131 fault (compressor fault). This fault comes intermittantly and sends out an alarm to the customer but it resets itself on my display. The compressor continues to operate ok.

I've connected to the compressor with the 3G service monitoring tool. and downloaded the event and fault log. This shows an intermittent bearing fault (see below).

Faults (critical)

Generic Bearing/Motor/Compressor Fault;

Motor/System Faults

Bearing error;

Bearing Faults

Excessive Front Radial X Orbit; Excessive Front Radial Y Orbit;

Anybody any experience with these compressors or this fault?

I've been given Another monitoring program called DTCI service monitoring software 2.1.0.83 but i can't get this to work.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Paul

Steve186
08-10-2015, 11:04 PM
hi putte

ive had this problem myself my times this fault is a generic fault that happens on levitation when the compressor Is ready to start up this fault is an auto reset but depending on the Modbus points that have been set up with your client bms system it can generate a common alarm you can change this within the software
also ive found the cause of this alarm is due to liquid migrating in to the compressor when in standby and ive had this on various chillers that use the turbo core compressor
next time you have this issue connect to the I/o board using the 3g software and check the cavity temp
also when was the last time you calibrated the bearings
any issues message me fella ive been lucky enough to gone on the turbocore courses so have all the service manuals

charlie
15-11-2015, 11:12 AM
I agree with Steve186 most common reason of bearing fault (especially in case of front radial) is liquid trapped in the impellers or on compressor motor side.

Having a look to cavity sensor temperature can tell you immediately if you are having liquid or not (thumb rule is that Cavity Temperature should be higher than SCR Temperature).

Another problem could be the compressor non return valve not closing properly.

You can check easily proper operation of NRV starting compressor 2 (leaving compressor 1 disabled obviuously) and having a look to Suction and Discharge pressure of compressor 1.

If NRV is OK both values of compressor 1 should be nearly the same and equal to suction pressure of compressor 2.

Good luck.....