PDA

View Full Version : Grasso Compressor oil

mre212
14-09-2015, 11:24 AM
Dears,

I use Clavus G68 to my Grasso Reciprocating compressor but I read recently that is not recommended for NH3 plant that air and water are present so i decide to change with another type. please your recommendation? and please what about to use Shell oil S2 FR-A 68

Thank you

Josip
15-09-2015, 07:37 AM
Hi, mre212 ...

Dears,

I use Clavus G68 to my Grasso Reciprocating compressor but I read recently that is not recommended for NH3 plant that air and water are present so i decide to change with another type. please your recommendation? and please what about to use Shell oil S2 FR-A 68

Thank you

please read this ...
http://www.norteks.ru/en/product/shell/refriger_oil/

or search google for ... refrigeration oil suitable for ammonia .... clavus g68... etc

Best regards, Josip :)

ping
22-09-2015, 04:50 PM
try to use CPI 1009-68, it is very good oil for NH3.
Best regards!

piewie
23-09-2015, 06:23 AM
Reflo 68 from Petro Canada try to stay away from the synthetic oil types and blends! I think at one time the Clavus 68 was a single still oil but then the manufacturers got greedy and decided that they would blend to get similar characteristics however in Ammonia plants especially low temp -32 or below the oils had a tendancy to separate back into their individual components and any additives would then drop out in the sump.