PDA

View Full Version : Daikin VRV IV for a grocery store?

Triggerman
13-09-2015, 06:37 PM
Greetings!

I'm designing the comfort cooling for a grocery store in the Caribbean. I'm planning on using a Daikin VRV IV Heat Pump system. Does anybody have any experience applying variable refrigerant technology in a grocery environment?

frank
14-09-2015, 09:34 AM
Why would you think that comfort cooling in a grocery environment is any different to a normal office of shop?

VRV technology has advantages over using multiple split type systems in large or multiple areas so should be well suited for your project.

I'm over in the Caribbean at Christmas if you want it commissioning :D

Triggerman
27-09-2015, 03:26 PM
I'm hearing much the same thing from multiple people. I'm also hearing that grocery store cooling is a "whole different animal" from several engineers whose opinion I respect. Thanks for the shout back. I'll see you at Christmas.

al
27-09-2015, 04:01 PM
It's only different in that you want to avoid affecting the refrigeration displays, so no units over open freezers and the like. Common practice here in supermarkets for splits or VRV/F to provide all heating and cooling, Daikin have an outdoor that can do both the refrigeration and comfort cooling.