PDA

View Full Version : Qualitair fan speed control sensor

jammy23
09-09-2015, 05:05 PM
Hi, I don't know if this is really the right place to post this but hey ho.
I am trying to find out of anyone knows where I could source a fan speed control sensor for a qualitair condensing unit j90743. The current one looks like it has popped, removed it from the copper tube housing on the condenser and it is full of a white paste/powder which looks like the internals of the sensor.

I have had a cost from qualitair but it is more than I want to pay really so was wondering if anyone knows where I could probably get it cheaper?

frank
09-09-2015, 05:11 PM
The white paste could be heat sink paste to ensure a good thermal contact.

Have you carried out a resistance check on the sensor?

Grizzly
09-09-2015, 06:02 PM
Try talking to climate center, it appears they support Qualitair
It's only a new sensor you need after all!
Grizzly

jammy23
09-09-2015, 10:14 PM
Yes I tested the probe and is definitely dead...it's a rubber/pvc bulb as opposed to the metal type and it looks as though the coating has started breaking down, the end is missing and you can actually slide the internals out. I will give climate centre a try and see if they can come up with anything.

Thanks guys!

monkey spanners
09-09-2015, 11:33 PM
I don't know what you consider to be expensive for a temperature probe, but to put it in perspective the cheapest ones are around £5 and the most i have paid for a genuine part is £90.47. At the end of the day the cost is passed on to the customer as they chose that make and model of equipment and now need to 'own' the costs of maintaining it.

frank
10-09-2015, 04:47 PM
Heronhill also do spares for Qualitaire

cadwaladr
15-09-2015, 11:31 PM
Try speaking to a motor rewinding company,I use a great one for motor related parts and they have always been the cheaper option and the quality is 100 per cent.

cadwaladr
15-09-2015, 11:34 PM
Remember qualitair don't make motors and speed control is used on many motors in all kinds of applications