PDA

View Full Version : What software do you have/use

Peter_1
27-04-2006, 08:23 PM
What software you often use and do you own?

What E-books regarding HVAC and Refr do you have?

;)

Lc_shi
28-04-2006, 01:39 AM
In addition to MS office , AutoCAD、coolpack、Psychrometric software are often used.
I've some ASHRAE handbook and some Chinese related books.

regards
LC

US Iceman
28-04-2006, 02:02 AM
I have used MS Office, EES, MathCAD, AutoCAD, MathType, RefProp, manufacturers' selection software, Visual Basic, and a psychrometric program.

Josip
28-04-2006, 06:40 PM
What software you often use and do you own?

What E-books regarding HVAC and Refr do you have?

;)

:eek: spy

or just curious :confused:

:) Dear Peter_1, tell us why you want to know this, please?

BTW, what about your sofware and e-bibliotheca ;)

Best regrds,

Josip :)

Dan
29-04-2006, 03:31 AM
I have Carrier, Bitzer, and Copeland free software, some cooler sizing programs such as Keeprite's. I use the Copeland software quite often, since I see a lot of their compressors. I am seeing more Carlyle compressors as of lately because of my primary customers' new specification. E-books? I have pdf files galore from manufacturers of specific equipment.

NoNickName
29-04-2006, 01:11 PM
I don't remember. My desktop is filled up with icons. All selection programs from main suppliers, plus design software, Office complete, psychro, noise calculation, warehouse management, etc.

Argus
29-04-2006, 01:42 PM

I use all the usual Bill Gates software, plus numerous bits of drivers and trial freeware that come with devices.
Norton Internet Security 2006 for security.
Webroot for spyware.
Norton Ghost for back-up
Adobe Acrobat,
Scansoft PDF Converter Pro 3
Nikon Capture (a Nikon specific photo package)
Calc 68, freeware scientific calculator that has an excellent conversion programme in it.

Scansoft Dragon 7 Pro.
A couple of years ago I was unable to use a keyboard for a few months after an accident and invested in voice ware ?. What a performance! It works, but I don?t recommend it unless you are desperate.

US Iceman gave me a link to The Danish Institute of Technology a while ago.
They give away their CoolPack software. It?s a first class little programme, not only that, the people over there in Denmark are very helpful. Very good ph charts for all the refrigerants and a design facility.
So in gratitude, here?s a plug for them:

http://www.et.web.mek.dtu.dk/Coolpack/UK/

I?m also interested in family history research and I use a Gedcom package, Family Historian v3

________
volcano vaporizer reviews (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/volcano)

autt
01-05-2006, 05:48 PM
I usually made software by myself, a refrigeration system design and optimization software, refrigeration package description in this page:
http://www.flycarpet.net/en/unit.asp

Another software also made by myself, free download if you need:
Psychrometer chart + Duct calculator v1.1 (http://www.flycarpet.net/en/downam.asp)

Peter_1
01-05-2006, 08:01 PM
First of all, welcome on this forum from rainy Belgium.

Second, have you add your loacatio, to teh RE Members Map? We have some other Chinese members.

Tirth...juts had a look at your website and downloaded the duct calculator....waaaaaaaaaaaaaaw...
Are you a refrigeration engineer? You have talents man, I'm realy, realy impressed.

A question...what happens after the 30 day trial of the psychrometer and duct calculator?
What with the flycarpet?
This wasn't clear for me.

Keep posting please.

abdulazman
01-05-2006, 11:09 PM
p_1
Whats this about software?
I've Frick,Gram,Sabroe,Trane,Hasegawa,Mycom,JE Hall,Howden,Vilter,York,Dunham Bush.
Why was the question raised?

autt
02-05-2006, 12:17 PM
Thank you Peter_1, you are so welcome.

I got to Frankfurt for one week work last year, and to Brussels, Belgium as a tourist, Europe is so beautiful place and it will be a dream of my rest life.

The member map is a good idea, I have added my location.

I'm an engineer of airplane Environment Control System(ECS), these 2~3 years doing refrigeration and some other cooling system works, such as turbine cooling package, like a ECS package, for ground support equipments cooperated with Roder Pricision, a company in Frankfurt.

Psychrometer chart + Duct calculator is free software with full function and no time limitation, so you can use it for ever, because it is a small software and not convenient for me to charge somebody from other countries.

Flycarpet is not free, an old demo version can be downloaded, no refrigeration package included, althrough it has time limited, you can delete windows registration item HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT->.fc->fcdat to remove the limitation when it expires, for it is used for people to be familiar with. New version need a lock key for full function trial, but i don't have english language documents now.

I want some software help me with refrigeration system design, but none of these softwares were found in china(May be just not found, maybe other area has them), so I made this refrigeration package.

if these softwares can be applied in your area or meet your requirements? I need your advice.

Regards,

Peter_1
02-05-2006, 12:51 PM
Well, I will download this evening the demo software and will have a look at it one of these days.

Another Chinese member Lc_shi was in fact looking for something similar you made. He's in the design of ...well...I think everything with a refrigeration compressor in it.:p

You both better should contact each other.
(What an amazing forum this is, a forum with Scottish roots can bring two techs together from the other side of the world)

I can give you here immediately the names of 10 members who will be interested in it.

Not that I and the others will use it every day but because I'm not in a R&D environment but working the whole day with my hands on the tools.
But software can give you sometimes a better view in the complicated world of thermodynamics.

Peter_1
02-05-2006, 12:56 PM
..... because it is a small software and not convenient for me to charge somebody from other countries.

The smallest software packages are sometimes the best ones you can find.
Small you say...if you print it out, how many pages you have to print ?
How much time did it take to write it?

If you don't mind, you can add the link to the database of this Forum (2nd item on the upper side of the menu bar)

autt
02-05-2006, 04:25 PM
I will contact Lc_shi later and say hello, maybe we saw each other somewhere before..:)

I have added links to Psychrometer chart and Duct calculator, people also can search key words on the net to find it.

Small should be a relative word, I spent one week time on it (not include air and water property calculation programing time... total program over 3000 lines), but almost 2 years on flycarpet, several months on refrigeration package. Hope they are all helpful.