PDA

View Full Version : Looking for spares.

mikeref
02-09-2015, 08:58 AM
A shout out to anyone who has experience with Commercial Kelvinator belt drive Compressors.
Looking for a Rotary shaft seal and seal plate to suite a K62. Had the shop Manager send me pictures.
The Bellows Seal is Cactus, and my suppliers say spares are no longer available.

RANGER1
02-09-2015, 09:41 AM
Have you tried Actrol parts?
alternative James Walker Brisbane , speak to John, may be able to help, usually rubber bellows & carbon no worries, but they would probably reco seal cover plate.

mikeref
03-09-2015, 08:02 AM
Ranger1. John wasn't there but another chap put me onto Tri Tech Brisbane. I'll find out Tomorrow morning if they can help.

RANGER1
03-09-2015, 09:41 AM
Ranger1. John wasn't there but another chap put me onto Tri Tech Brisbane. I'll find out Tomorrow morning if they can help.

http://www.actrol.com.au/Products/Compressors/Spare-Parts--Accessories/Shaft-SealsPlates/Kelvinator-Shaft-Seals/

No go with Actrol?

mikeref
04-09-2015, 08:49 AM
Sent a Email off last night to a Company i know in Rockhampton. It was a long shot but i know the business owner used to keep rare spares....going back 30 years. He called this morning before i had a chance to call Actrol.

Shaft seal and cover plate will be here next week.
The Coffin dodger is still in the game and i swear he was my age when i worked for him.:D

Thanks for your reply's Ranger 1.

Magoo
05-09-2015, 01:26 AM
Hi Mikeref.
a good result, thought about your post and haven't seen an open drive Kelvinator compressor for decades, but they were built like a brick out house and slow revs so are probably still doing the business.
magoo.