PDA

View Full Version : Hitachi ras 20 FSN issue

ronaldo9
11-08-2015, 09:24 PM
Hi Guys,

Just got back from this place, back there tomorrow so any help is appreciated, I've been on to tech support and just get the usual reading from the manual,

RAS 20 FSN

5 x RCI 4s

Originally this unit had a leak on a capillary line , i I think it's on the oil return line. The unit was still running with NO fault codes , seriously the unit was running in a vacuum .Anyway fixed leak , re-gased unit. Unit ran but performance wasn't great. Shop was closing so logged it to be looked at sooner rather than later. When back at unit a few weeks ago , I was getting P15 faults, P11 and P01 protection codes on the outdoor unit, I knew the gas charge was ok so suspected faulty 4 way valve, replaced valve but symptoms persisted . Got a site visit from hitachi , identified the other 4 way valve as being faulty as well, ordered new one and fitted it today , I wish this was the end of the story , the unit definitely seemed to start to perform better but again protection faults continued to persist . Even though both 4 way valves were working correctly . And to add insult to injury the controller will not let me select heating mode??? It did before , I replaced the outdoor PCB recommended by hitachi so swapped that back and still have a problem . Anyway I pumped the system down , the suction line was almost at 0 bar while the liquid was at 12 and wasn't going anywhere . I'm thinking with the unit running while in a vacuum the eevs on the indoors have jammed or have lost their positions , I had reset power to them before but is there any other way to reset them ? I remember having a issue before with units going into "dead mode" but can't remember much else . Anyone any ideas