PDA

View Full Version : Residental split R22 - 1T All Style Coil Co. evap. with piston to 3T york condenser.

romac
20-07-2015, 02:31 AM
:confused:
Hi guys, I arrived to to this unmatched unit which had 100psi on LS and 200psi on HS at 103F ODB :eek:. Couldn't do any adjustments since it wasn't responding. Found empty fitting where suppose to be the piston and didn’t have even the nylon seal so it was leaking a bit. During hot days the tenant claimed to be able cool his 15 years old 1412SF home with 10' tall ceiling in the center to about 77F but running all-day long and in the evening til morning or on cloudy days it was cycling properly even with missing piston.
Installed .074 chatleff piston with triple evacuation, brazed in missing filter/dryer and got the pressures finally to act. Charged by superheat with additional 2Lb of ***** due to 24' LS pipe and perhaps the oversized 4T coil to 3T condenser, Factory charge for the york condenser is 5Lb 3oz.
I read on york site that if over-sizing 1T like in my case, it should still have piston matched for the condenser. Superheat was fluctuating 8F from 53F-61F at 12amps draw of 15RLA so I am not sure if I should try to put a bit of *****. I know on cars if the ***** is low but still able to trigger the pressure switch it will cycle due to the ***** pushed till switch goes off and then pressure rises till switch goes on.
I forgot to watch pressure for rise and fall which could indicate similar matter but each time I looked :rolleyes: at gage it was 80psi. Perhaps with that amount of ***** it won't show but internally it may be missing at certain point some *****? I'll call them tomorrow to see the performance during the day.
I was there twice due to not availability of the piston,
Readings: (Arizona :cool:)
WB - 64F
ODB - 96
LS - 80psi
HS - 240psi
Temp. in handler - 77F
Temp. out handler - 54F
Thanks everyone for looking.

romac
20-07-2015, 02:36 AM
Correction - blanc