PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba AC P26 fault

djwilson77
15-07-2015, 10:26 PM
P26 Fault on a Toshiba system? We've had a call to look at a Toshiba AC that has a P26 fault. We haven't seen the equipment so can't give any model numbers. Done a bit of research and found that's its compressor related? Going there tomorrow so wanted to be armed with a bit of knowledge. Meter out the compressor for earth fault? We haven't done any work on Toshiba equipment, mostly Mitsubishi Electric and Fujitsu. Any advice would be much appreciated :0)

hyperion
17-07-2015, 09:24 PM
If the compressor is 'foobahed', then you will need to replace the PCB as well.

billywizz
25-07-2015, 09:31 AM
If the compressor is 'foobahed', then you will need to replace the PCB as well.
What Model is this on? Have had many compressor problems on Super Heat Recovery Units, still on going. Comp stripdown revealed broken return spring and another stator or rotor broken. Would be interested if anyone else having similar.

Loops
29-07-2015, 11:45 AM
P26 is the G-Tr (inverter transistor pack) protecting itself against s\c or high current draw.
Check compressor start\run current, they're soft start so about 0.5-1.0 Amp.
If higher then likely a seized compressor.
Let us knw what you find eh?
BillyWiz - I don't recall too much of a problem with SHRM compressors - but it's been a few years since I worked for Tosh.
Cheers
Loops

billywizz
31-07-2015, 11:48 AM
P26 is the G-Tr (inverter transistor pack) protecting itself against s\c or high current draw.
Check compressor start\run current, they're soft start so about 0.5-1.0 Amp.
If higher then likely a seized compressor.
Let us knw what you find eh?
BillyWiz - I don't recall too much of a problem with SHRM compressors - but it's been a few years since I worked for Tosh.
Cheers
Loops
Hi Loops, only worked on two SHRM systems on the same site. Both systems had multiple comp failures over last couple of years, stripdown company think that there is too much oil in pots i.e. 1.2ltr but Tosh say 1900cc (1.9ltr) is correct?? They also recommend only using SW6 to disable faulty comp for very short period. I would also recommend that the Tosh Manual over complicated oil quantity process is followed i.e. if the removed comp is lighter than the new comp total weight oil needs to be removed from the new but it must have a minimum of 1000cc.

AC_From_Hell
31-07-2015, 12:04 PM
Hi Loops, only worked on two SHRM systems on the same site. Both systems had multiple comp failures over last couple of years, stripdown company think that there is too much oil in pots i.e. 1.2ltr but Tosh say 1900cc (1.9ltr) is correct?? I would also recommend that the Tosh Manual over complicated oil quantity process is followed i.e. if the removed comp is lighter than the new comp total weight oil needs to be removed from the new but it must have a minimum of 1000cc.

When a comp dies, I always change all the oil in the system. Furthermore, especially on tandem systems I add some extra oil.

They also recommend only using SW6 to disable faulty comp for very short period.

Bad idea, experience talking.

r.bartlett
31-07-2015, 01:48 PM
When a comp dies, I always change all the oil in the system. Furthermore, especially on tandem systems I add some extra oil.

interested to know your proceedure

AC_From_Hell
31-07-2015, 02:57 PM
I will try to post a pic of my custom made tool and some explanation, probably later this week.

NathanOrmson
04-08-2015, 03:15 PM
Hi all,

P26 Fault code on Toshiba units is ' Compressor IPDU PCB Short circuit. Detected outdoors (likely cause - electrical fault on compressor, faulty compressor inverter board. Before replacing PCB prove compressor is good)' this can vary depending on the unit model, so if its a VRF unit keep an eye on the sub fault code, this may appear as P26.. 01 / 02 or 03 This sub code relates to the compressor on the unit for easier diagnosis..

Hope this helps

Regards
Nath O