i got yesterday samsung mini split ac unit
with compressor exploded from terminal cover
exactly one of the terminal has blow up
my question
why a compressor blowup?

The Viking
22-06-2015, 06:04 PM
Hi Kefah,

Normally when a compressor blows up it is because someone has tried to put Oxygen inside it, as the Oxygen react with the oil the pressure multiplies and "pop goes the vessel". Not so long ago an engineer here in UK killed himself trying to pressure test a compressor using Oxygen and the compressor exploded.

But if we on the other hand is not talking about a full explosion, "just" a terminal that flown of the compressor, this might also happen after long periods of excessive compressor shell temperatures.

:cool:

Glenn Moore
22-06-2015, 08:05 PM
Kefah
These Fusite terminal connectors sometimes "explode " normally due to the terminal wire coming loose and the terminal overheating and causing arcing and a short circuit to occur. Sometimes the glass insulator gets to hot and cracks causing an earth leakage. This may be due to either the internal connections which you gan do nothing about and can happen during the compressors manufacture, or it can be caused by the external wiring becoming loose etc. I have seen these explode due to metallic particles inside a compressor shorting the fusite connector. It may be just a simple bad quality terminal , it happens unfortunately

skhan855
22-06-2015, 10:25 PM
could be electrical problems?
Like 2 phase instead of single
or weak neutral / ground?

kefah
24-06-2015, 04:10 PM
http://im79.gulfup.com/GOAL9s.jpg

http://im79.gulfup.com/xcyfN9.jpg

Glenn Moore
24-06-2015, 06:32 PM
Kefah
This is caused by an electrical fault possibly a short circuit inside the machine. I have seen similar failures on Maneurop machines where metallic debris has shorted the pins inside the machines shell . Nothing you can do to prevent this type of failure .

tamcoaircon
25-06-2015, 11:13 AM
Well, This happen due to electrical fault that leads for the short circuit. But don't worry it is very easy to fix. Buy new compressor and then charge it to the correct pressure.

kefah
29-06-2015, 07:50 PM
this unit had a ***** leakage
from the flare nut
so i tighten it
vacumum it
charge it by weight
then its worked perfectly for a month
in the day when the compressors terminal blown up
the house owner the electric voltage was low
as i expect it was between 160 and 140 volt)