PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba R407c Vrf

Stephen72
10-06-2015, 04:57 PM
Hi all :p

Was at a site today where the fusible plug on the liquid receiver had failed on an old 3 Pipe MAR-F104HTM8-1-PE toshiba condendser. Just wondering if any you guys have experienced this before & what your thoughts are on what could have caused this? Back on site next week once new plug arrives from tosh too pressure test & re-commission

Any feedback appreciated

The Viking
10-06-2015, 08:22 PM
Caused by excessive temperature/high pressure/old age or any combination thereof.

Thoughts?
Well, I'm sure you could pick a plug of the same size with the same rating up of the shelf from any wholesaler, bypassing the waiting time and manufacturer's premium rates on spares...

:cool:

install monkey
10-06-2015, 11:05 PM
aslong as you know the temp/pressure rating- 3 pipe tosh stuff used to have issues with the bc boxes when indoors asked for heating the coils burn out so you have a high heat demand and very little flow thru indoor units- tosh want about 48 quid a sanyagiowa coil but theyre same as a 7watt coil for a ice machine hot gas defrost around 7 quid- take about 30 mins to get into it- also when you run it in heating check coil temp speeds fan up as they used to get cooked too- spent 3mths at t mobile rotherham fault finding on about 60 systems

Stephen72
11-06-2015, 05:29 PM
thanks for the heads up i'll check that out when back on site next week the bc boxes are in a f*cker of a position though just about managed too get the pmv's opened! not familiar with toshiba stuff at all mostly work on daikin & mitsi electric kit.

frank
11-06-2015, 07:57 PM
As its on R407C and its been open to atmosphere I would check the oil for moisture before going any further