PDA

View Full Version : Daikin RXYMQ48PVJU L1 fault code

absoair
30-05-2015, 09:49 PM
I have checked the f1u, f4u and f6u fuses and they are good on the outdoor unit. This is my first daikin install and it is VRV111 S with two 24,000 btu fan coils ducted. Arrived yesterday to upsize an existing return as this is a remodel and the customers are living in the home during this process. I finished the work on the ducts and the system ran fine for an hour and a half before I left last night. Arrived this morning and found it with L1 error on both controllers inside home. The a2p board has H3P lit up and the unit will not operate. I'm in the U.S. and its the weekend and no tech support. Anyone have a second to enlighten me as to how to prove the A1P PCB is bad from IPM failure, current sensor failure or drive circuit failure before tech support or rep sends someone with more experience as he doesnt think its a bad board. The system has been operating for a little more than a week and all of a sudden its not. What could have happened? What can I look for to prevent the tech from coming that I can look at myself that i havent already done today?

Ask me some questions, tell me something. Please help!!!

Brian_UK
30-05-2015, 11:04 PM
Check the fan driver components if possible.

I've had two occasions where the fans and the pcb have failed but couldn't prove which went first.

Change both, nothing worse than changing the fans and it still doesn't work.

absoair
31-05-2015, 12:20 AM
Thanks and I shall look into it tomorrow. I have seen another article where the fans were the cause but that wasn't discovered until the board had been replaced. Took the new board out as well.
It's hard for me to fathom how this could just happen overnight But i understand how a spike in overcurrent or a lightning strike nearby vould cause this on a new system Especially since there is a 36000 btu system next to it that has not been affected. Nature of the beast I guess. I'm really impressed with the vrv and I'm very anxious to learn this system and it's capabilities. Thank you and shall report back if not tomorrow the next day.

CraigF
01-06-2015, 12:04 PM
Download the daikin App to your smartphone (assuming you have one).

Try the inverter transistor check mode, via the button pad in the unit (H1P etc. etc.) looking for balanced voltage output at compressor leads, or using an inverter checker module. Careful cos' its high voltage! if you cant load the app I could email the steps if you need them.

Craig

absoair
01-06-2015, 03:01 PM
I have the app but it will not allow me to open all the info available. Not sure why that is. Going to the site and going to call tech support but I would love to go thru the steps if you could email me what you have then that would be awesome! I know that the voltage and components may be different from the UK to the US. Would the steps be the same? If you feel it would help me and give me the edge I need then I'm on my way. I'm on my smart phone and I will access your private message and see if I can send my info. Thank you again and again!

absoair
01-06-2015, 09:28 PM
Bad fan motors or motor. They suggest replacing both. I would like to ensure the compressor is good but m6 megger tester is not working. Is there an alternative to this check?

absoair
01-06-2015, 10:11 PM
Anyone have a video or instructions on replacing the A1p PCB and fan motors. Any help would be appreciated.

CraigF
02-06-2015, 10:44 PM
Just a case of reversing the removal I'm afraid mate!! As for the fan motors should be relatively easy, again just a case of reversing the removal

absoair
02-06-2015, 11:27 PM
It appears to be a challenge. Man they pack a lot in a small space.

I did get the info to process on the Daikin app. Found it online as well. The fans were not within the criteria. 64 between blue and brown, nothing thru others. Fans are in series so I'm advised to replace the pair. Waiting on parts availability.

I do have a question that I haven't ran across the answer to as of yet. If I'm getting the L1 fault code and all the while there is an issue with something else as well, should/would that fault code appear on the controllers? Is it a one fault code at a time system or can multiple fault codes display at once if they were to exist? Going back tomorrow eve to play with different checks and try and get a little more acquainted with it.

Will it display more than one fault code at a time?

Thanks for the insight CraigF!

absoair
05-06-2015, 02:37 AM
Happy ending.
The rep decide to replace the unit. Installed and commissioned it today. All is up and running. Punch list tomorrow and this one is behind me. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience as the VRV was new to me. Getting thru all the info was the hardest part in my opinion and I know there is much more to learn. Thanks