PDA

View Full Version : Perfect placement of an emergency stop button :)

Tycho
27-05-2015, 08:03 PM
Filmed by a colleague of mine.

This is the emergency stop button for the entire RSW system :)

What he's saying is "here is the perfect placement of an emergency stop for the cooling plant"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JBL3JjwhKs

Tycho
27-05-2015, 08:04 PM
they found out after having the system shut down everytime someone exited the room :)

Grizzly
27-05-2015, 10:16 PM
A classic!
Thanks for sharing.
Grizzly

Magoo
28-05-2015, 03:07 AM
Brilliant. a hands free Estop.

PaulZ
28-05-2015, 05:52 AM
Hi Tycho
I have seen something very similar many years ago, it was a clear heavy plastic process area door. Everything was OK under normal door openings but if you were a bit heavy handed when opening the door the e stop would be hit, needless to say they decided to change the position.
Glad to see it doesn't only happen here.
Paul

Tycho
29-05-2015, 03:45 PM
When they first sent me the video, I called them back after watching it and in all seriousness told them that it was a perfect placement, just like on the electrical cabinets where you have to cut off the main supply to be able to open the door, safety first :)
this was followed by *siiiiiiiiiiiilence* from their side until I started laughing :D

it was moved a bit to the side the next day :)

Rob White
29-05-2015, 08:09 PM
When they first sent me the video, I called them back after watching it and in all seriousness told them that it was a perfect placement, just like on the electrical cabinets where you have to cut off the main supply to be able to open the door, safety first :)
this was followed by *siiiiiiiiiiiilence* from their side until I started laughing :D

What the door? :D

Nice one though and just shows the best planning in the world
tends to ignore the fact that we as humans are daft by nature.

Regards

Rob

RANGER1
29-05-2015, 10:27 PM

Did is they lower it a bit as well for the vertically challenged:)

Tycho
29-05-2015, 11:04 PM
Did is they lower it a bit as well for the vertically challenged:)

ha ha ha I'll tell them next time to place it lower :D