PDA

View Full Version : interlevin 1 metrer dairy cabinet

refrep
10-05-2015, 10:30 PM
Having a problem with a dairy cabinet,every 2 Weeks it freezes up, have checked gas R 404 pressures ok comes down to temperature then cuts out at aquired temp,cut back in at required temp, cut it possibly be the expansion valve flooding evaporator?

Brian_UK
11-05-2015, 10:17 AM
What state is the unit in?

How are they using it?

May not be a gas problem.

frank
11-05-2015, 10:40 AM
Had this with a 12ft case - 1 half worked OK but the other half continually iced the evap.

Moved the control sensor to cure it.

refrep
11-05-2015, 03:00 PM
Thank you for replying Frank have moved probe but continues to ice up,I think i will change the controller see if that works.

refrep
11-05-2015, 03:03 PM
its about 6years old in great nick,I have recently replaced evap fan and also condensor fan,gas is ok moved probe to see if that helps but 10 days later its back in really frustrating as they are nice people.

chemi-cool
11-05-2015, 04:55 PM
Sometimes, customers place products inside the cabinet so they disturb the air movement.
If evaporator is at the bottom, check for dirt that might block the air.

Is there any head pressure control?

refrep
11-05-2015, 06:22 PM
Sometimes, customers place products inside the cabinet so they disturb the air movement.
If evaporator is at the bottom, check for dirt that might block the air.

Is there any head pressure control?

Hi chemi-cool,
evaporator clean, no hp/lp unit comes down to +3 degrees cuts off then comes back in at +10 degrees it takes about 10 days then it freezes the milk, called out and it was - 9 degrees unit not cutting out, refrigerant charge ok, expansion valve seems to be operating correctly,mmay change the controller and probe.

chemi-cool
11-05-2015, 06:35 PM
Hi chemi-cool,
evaporator clean, no hp/lp unit comes down to +3 degrees cuts off then comes back in at +10 degrees it takes about 10 days then it freezes the milk, called out and it was - 9 degrees unit not cutting out, refrigerant charge ok, expansion valve seems to be operating correctly,may change the controller and probe.

In that case, I'd go with Frank!

da ginge
12-05-2015, 07:41 AM
Have they got air cond blowing into the case I've had this before just a suggestion

mikeref
12-05-2015, 09:44 AM
Hi chemi-cool,
evaporator clean, no hp/lp unit comes down to +3 degrees cuts off then comes back in at +10 degrees it takes about 10 days then it freezes the milk, called out and it was - 9 degrees unit not cutting out, refrigerant charge ok, expansion valve seems to be operating correctly,mmay change the controller and probe.

Was your sub zero temperature reading consistent for the entire cabinet? Left side, Middle and the far end?
Has to be the probe or Controller fault if all readings are similar. Whether it be an electronic or mechanical controller, set it for maximum temperature, just to see if condensing kit shuts down.

Check your superheat.

monkey spanners
12-05-2015, 08:33 PM
Sounds like a faulty controller, or leaky solenoid if its on pumpdown.

pie man
18-08-2015, 09:40 PM
Did you solve this Refrep? Possible liquid solenoid passing?