PDA

View Full Version : TK SL 300 Slow cooling after 50F

Milion Nas
07-05-2015, 09:15 PM
Hello i am having a problem with a Thermo King SL300. I have changed the throttling valve and after a month or so, i am having a problem.
Until 50oF the temperature is falling very fast but below 50 the rate is very slow.
There is no error code. I am not sure if the problem has to do with the changed valve.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

cadwaladr
08-05-2015, 01:00 AM
What are the pressures and ambient temperature

Milion Nas
10-05-2015, 10:04 AM
Suction is 2bar and 250psi is the pressure

Ambient is 25oC or 77oF
Sorry for any troubles with pressure units.

cadwaladr
10-05-2015, 02:10 PM
What's the box /cargo area temperature when you quote these pressures,the high pressure sounds ok,can you get another gauge on the compressor side of the throttling valve and was this valve overhauled by a competent person,the shims inside the valve adjust the pressure setting of the valve,check both sides of valve while it's in heat mode or defrost mode.

gravy258
14-05-2015, 01:47 PM
the throttling valve pressure on the compressor side should be 28psi in heat/defrost.
Whats the temperature difference across the evaporator coil ? This can be checked by pressing the select button three times to DIS. You should be looking at least -4c. (sorry not in F)
Does this unit have modulation ? have a look in the back on right hand side.
Is the corking tape still covering the TX valve sensor bulb on the suction pipe in the evaporator ?