PDA

View Full Version : York YS Millennium

Marco_Christo
04-05-2015, 11:29 AM
Hey guys,

I'm trying to get my hands on a york YS millennium control center operation manual, I don't know if it possible but i want to increase the preprogramed minimum %FLA, its currently set to 15% wanted to increase to around 45%, i seem to be having issues with the chiller pumping its oil out.

any help or feed back would be much appreciated.

yorkman_gr
04-05-2015, 02:50 PM
Hi Marco
Before you start messing around with the FLA can you post : 1) What type of refrigerant you have, 2) what is the lowest discharge pressure 3) what is the lowest water inlet temperature in your condenser.

Marco_Christo
05-05-2015, 01:50 PM
Hi Yorkman_gr
The chiller is running on R22 in regard to the head pressure and condenser water temps. I've seen it during winter on start up at 800kpa and 20 degress inlet. I've got the condenser water set point currently at 28 degress supply. But for some reason the condenser water system has no bypass valve. So I can't really do much on start up as the client doesn't want to spend money. I've set the pull down limit to 20min at 50%FLA but I've noticed another setting on my york printer which starts minimum load %FLA and apparently it's pre programmed.

yorkman_gr
08-05-2015, 02:41 PM
Hi Marco
thank you for posting this details of your working chiller, and so far i see you have a very low compressor head pressure and too cold water inlet temperature, that is also the reason why you are loosing oil to the condenser.
I will advies to instal a 3way water by-pass valve or at least install inverter on the cooling tower fan motor to increase the water inlet above the 25C. Now about the minimoum load % give me some time to dig in the manual and i will come back to you. Honest my recommendation to you is do one of the above before going to the program, and to make you fell better, i had a similar problem with a YS unit running on 134A and i dint touch the the settings but that i recommend to you and problem was solved
i keep in touch

Hamooody
16-05-2015, 09:31 PM
I totally agree with you.
Hi Yorkman_gr
The chiller is running on R22 in regard to the head pressure and condenser water temps. I've seen it during winter on start up at 800kpa and 20 degress inlet. I've got the condenser water set point currently at 28 degress supply. But for some reason the condenser water system has no bypass valve. So I can't really do much on start up as the client doesn't want to spend money. I've set the pull down limit to 20min at 50%FLA but I've noticed another setting on my york printer which starts minimum load %FLA and apparently it's pre programmed.

Hamooody
16-05-2015, 09:34 PM
I totally agree with you.
Hi Marco
thank you for posting this details of your working chiller, and so far i see you have a very low compressor head pressure and too cold water inlet temperature, that is also the reason why you are loosing oil to the condenser.
I will advies to instal a 3way water by-pass valve or at least install inverter on the cooling tower fan motor to increase the water inlet above the 25C. Now about the minimoum load % give me some time to dig in the manual and i will come back to you. Honest my recommendation to you is do one of the above before going to the program, and to make you fell better, i had a similar problem with a YS unit running on 134A and i dint touch the the settings but that i recommend to you and problem was solved
i keep in touch

Hamooody
16-05-2015, 09:39 PM
Sorry, I reply with wrong quote. I meant the reply of Yorkman to Marco.

Marco_Christo
22-05-2015, 01:31 AM
Thanks guys for all your help, I finally convinced them to fix the condenser water issues, the chiller was running well since we talk spoke, I returned back to site a few days ago, and noticed that the chiller was out on low oil level and the sump heater was burnt out, looking at the history the chiller has been short cycling. Once again the BMS was playing up and for some reason was stopping and starting the chiller, 8 starts within the hour :(
Its all fixed now and running again, for how long who knows, hahaha

Yorkman i was just wondering, the pull down limit? is it possible by changing the chillers pull down limit, does it changes the minimum loading %

yorkman_gr
09-06-2015, 11:39 AM
HI Marco
Yes the pull down limit is limiting the load for a time and this time is adjustable , now depends on you to figure out acording to the available load how much min you can delay the compressor to go to maximum load.

greetings