PDA

View Full Version : WHAT no Breeze boys out there?

WebRam
20-02-2001, 11:22 PM
As it says, is no one interested in the air con side of the game ??

subzero*psia
24-02-2001, 03:56 PM
AC is too easy...

You can have an Refrigeration tech understand and repair AC and-or Refrigeration but you can't always expect an AC tech to be able to understand refrigeration. I have seen it too many times... it just don't work alot of times.

Not knocking them, it is just that they seem to good in one area specifically. One track minds.... LOL!! Actually though I have seen some god aweful wiring diagrams in AC!

Well that should have stirred somebody up, bet you get a few posts off that.

subzero*psia
06-03-2001, 02:58 AM
How much does it pay... :D

Not Kidding :D

What do you know for sure already?

Sounds interesting.

subzero*psia
06-03-2001, 04:16 AM
Here is a company you may want to check with...

http://www.ratheassoc.com/direct.htm

I am sure a salesman there would love to help you. Sorry I am not familiar with companies in your area.

crit71
28-03-2005, 01:50 PM
AC is too easy...

You can have an Refrigeration tech understand and repair AC and-or Refrigeration but you can't always expect an AC tech to be able to understand refrigeration. I have seen it too many times... it just don't work alot of times.

Not knocking them, it is just that they seem to good in one area specifically. One track minds.... LOL!! Actually though I have seen some god aweful wiring diagrams in AC!

Well that should have stirred somebody up, bet you get a few posts off that.
I would just like to say, being a refrigeration engineer turned A/C, I totally disagree with your comments. It is obviously going to depend on the kit being worked on. The scope of A/C is so wide. from splits to roof top packages to VRF's and as for one track minds...ha your obviously a refrigertion engineer. P.S. alot of A/C engineers are also corgi registered for space heaters and package A/C burner assemblys and the like....this post made me register just so i could reply to this narrow minded comment.. :pNow go back to work and fix that deli case propely next time.

Argus
29-03-2005, 08:37 AM
As it says, is no one interested in the air con side of the game ??

I think that there are plenty interested in air con, but despite the usual high quality of this forum, not much of intest in the Air Conditioning threads.

As is usual the theme of the thread diverged at some point into which of the two areas of the trades followed each other in career progression.
Following on from the supposed dichotomy in the two trades, I've been in Air Conditioning for the thick end of thirty years following a few years in the middle east where I was employed as a refrigeration engineer, but the bulk of the work was large capacity AC chillers. I originally practiced in commercial and marine refrigeration (when we had a merchant marine) and trained as an electrical engineer.

I agree with Crit71. In fact the refrigeration processs is only a small part of AC work (true AC that is, not tin-and-wind-splits which seem to dominate the market in the UK). Air side treatment, noise abatement and air distribution are disciplines that are not present to the same extent in process refrigeration.

There are and always have been plenty of folk who have made the transition in work discipline in both directions quite successfully.
________
R60/2 (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/BMW_R60/2)

Belgian_Brewer
21-08-2010, 06:06 PM
I dont see how that is possible, an AC guy not understanding refrigeration, it's all the same ****... AC is considered to be high temperature refrigeration

paul_h
22-08-2010, 11:46 AM
If a 4 yr bump isn't enough, now we get a 5 yr bump.
Awesome. Never heard the term 'breeze boys', so it was worth it.
What styles of belgiums do you brew BB?