PDA

View Full Version : Parker LLC float switch faults

RANGER1
24-04-2015, 10:15 AM
Seem to be having a lot of trouble with reliability of the electrical switch.
Some fill with moisture due to a breather on the bottom. Maybe these are being supplied incorrectly, as refrigeration we want hermetically sealed.
Also magnet not activating micro switch on floats, 1 month to a couple of years.

Parker do not seem interested, so in the meantime Hansen will have to do.

Anyone else suffering similar problems?

RANGER1
02-05-2015, 09:16 AM
Seem to be having a lot of trouble with reliability of the electrical switch.
Some fill with moisture due to a breather on the bottom. Maybe these are being supplied incorrectly, as refrigeration we want hermetically sealed.
Also magnet not activating micro switch on floats, 1 month to a couple of years.

Parker do not seem interested, so in the meantime Hansen will have to do.

Anyone else suffering similar problems?

We must be unlucky!

Grizzly
02-05-2015, 09:54 AM
Historically I have had some issues, but not very often.
However the more recently made kit, I cannot comment on!
Grizzly

RANGER1
02-05-2015, 10:56 PM
Historically I have had some issues, but not very often.
However the more recently made kit, I cannot comment on!
Grizzly

Thanks Grizzly, they have changed their design several years ago from big horseshoe type magnet , to a smaller flat one.
We noticed a breather type plug on the bottom of one batch that fill up with moisture if in humid, wet environment, causing corrosion inside.
Some are new with no corrosion, & are not pulling in properly.

It's pretty inconvenient if on liquid makeup to a vessel etc, high levels, flood overs.

weagle
03-05-2015, 01:40 PM
I have never had issues with these switches before. Hansen seems to be my preference if I cold get away with it. Danfoss on the other hand are horror for the fact that the clearance between the post and the magnet are like.005" apart from each other.. You can't tell what position it is in at a distance.

RANGER1
03-05-2015, 09:33 PM
I have never had issues with these switches before. Hansen seems to be my preference if I cold get away with it. Danfoss on the other hand are horror for the fact that the clearance between the post and the magnet are like.005" apart from each other.. You can't tell what position it is in at a distance.

Danfos also had problems with internal securing of tube on rod which activates magnet.
Mal so last choice, but they drop their pants to sell them so you give it a go, only to find problems later on.
Parker switches seem to be on liquid makeup where switch is operating a lot.

simplygold
12-07-2015, 03:50 PM
Same problem here with the magnet not coming in all of the way. They work good for two months or so and then won't work reliably anymore.

RANGER1
12-07-2015, 11:47 PM
Same problem here with the magnet not coming in all of the way. They work good for two months or so and then won't work reliably anymore.

Thanks for confirming that simplygold, so we started using Hansen, but latest batch also have changed, hopefully they don't bite us as well.
Imagine all made in same factory, as they all look like copies of each other.

Will you complain to your supplier?
Keep all old ones for proof.

Thanks again

simplygold
13-07-2015, 11:31 PM
Yes we have complained, but unfortunately they haven't gotten anywhere with it either. I think it really depends on the environment they are used in, and how often the switch engages. It seems high repetition causes failure faster. I really wish the manufacturer would do something. It is a failed design in my opinion.

RANGER1
14-07-2015, 12:40 AM
Yes we have complained, but unfortunately they haven't gotten anywhere with it either. I think it really depends on the environment they are used in, and how often the switch engages. It seems high repetition causes failure faster. I really wish the manufacturer would do something. It is a failed design in my opinion.

Parker probably my to big to care.
In a way I was hoping they were failing everywhere to get a better response from them.

RANGER1
14-07-2015, 08:08 AM
Latest news they have fixed it I have been informed, but no recall or what they did to remedy it.