PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi PURY-P250 YMFC

woody100
21-04-2015, 08:43 AM
Hello, We have to fit a new compressor to a Mitsubishi PURY P250 YMFC condesing unit. We have just taken on the contract and didn't fault the original compressor. I have asked the owner if the inverter board was checked and he's not sure. Does anyone know the procedure to check the inverter board prior to fitting the new compressor (which we have). I don't really want to just fit it and fire it up in case we cause further damage.

Neddy
21-04-2015, 09:46 PM
Disconnect the cables to the compressor. I think if you set SW 3 no. 1 or SW 3 1&2 on the invertor board you can run the system without it faulting on low current draw and test the output.

JP6
22-04-2015, 08:06 PM
It's SW1-1 on so it doesn't fault. Measure between each cable to make sure the voltage is balanced. You should really always change both the compressor and inverter board if the compressor has failed, the inverter can show a balanced output at idle when you're testing it, but the fault causing the compressor to fail can be when its under load which you'd never be able to test.

Most manufacturers recommend to change both, however when it comes to claiming under warranty for both parts, they will only change the failed part... Funny that!

woody100
27-04-2015, 06:44 AM
Thanks for the replies, I'm attending site today