PDA

View Full Version : Shell Clavus SD 22-12

Quality
17-03-2015, 09:11 AM
Hi Guys, my supplier has in formed me that shell have discontinued this oil. Has any found a compatible oil or a know of a supplier who has any

Cheers

Ian_Eb
17-03-2015, 10:06 AM
http://www.lubrishop.co.uk/shell-clavus-sd-22-12-available-in-20l--209l-961-p.asp

This the stuff? They claim to have it. Maybe worth buying a barrel ;)

Magoo
18-03-2015, 12:49 AM
Shell for what ever reason re- labelled their oils with new numbers, you may find it still available but with a new number.

Quality
27-03-2015, 04:12 PM
Many suppliers claim to have it but none of them have as it has been discontinued. I have however found a compatible alternative. Mobile Zeriside S46 is what I have used so far so good

camelCase
16-04-2015, 09:32 PM
There's quite a few AB/Napthenic oils on the market. They aren't exactly the "best" per say. Their volatility can increase carryover in ammonia systems.

This seems like a good opportunity to switch to a higher grade lubricant. A lot of the better fluids on the market use a hydrocracked paraffinic oil. Lower volatility means that less vapors head downstream in your systems (oil separators can't catch vapors, only aerosol droplets). Some examples would be FES #1, Frick #3, NXT-717, etc.etc.

That lubricant does have a pretty broad compatibility, so you shouldn't need to worry too much about switching. The downside is the napthenic/AB blend tends to shrink and harden seals. If you switch to another napthenic oil (usually labeled as a semi-synthetic), then you'll be fine. If you switch to a higher quality paraffinic oil, you may need to run a seal conditioner to re-soften the seals so they don't get any small leaks.

Being in the UK, there should be plenty of suppliers that can get you a suitable replacement. Could try giving Next Lubricants a shout.