PDA

View Full Version : Tiny Electronics Cooling Research Project

MeenAg2015
03-03-2015, 04:29 AM
Howdy,

I am doing a project on cooling a small heat load while using a very small throttling valve in order to test feasibility. I am new to the VC cycle world and have a few basic questions to ask, and i'd like to keep this up for all other questions that may arise. Enjoy the ride.

What I have:
1.4cc Compressor Cooling Cap: 360W
Speed Range:2100-6500rpm
R134a

With just the compressor, how do I size the condenser and the evaporator.

Thanks and Gig'em
Brandon

Brian_UK
03-03-2015, 07:52 PM
As usual with questions like this, you are starting with the wrong piece of kit. The compressor is the last item to select.

MeenAg2015
04-03-2015, 02:56 AM
As usual with questions like this, you are starting with the wrong piece of kit. The compressor is the last item to select.

Hi Brian,

We have no choice in what to start with, the company asking me to do this has given us the compressor and the throttle valve. Is there a way to do it with these two pieces?

Thanks and Gig'em

r.bartlett
04-03-2015, 02:48 PM
Brandon

give it them back and tell Trinity you are not EPA certified to carry out this work.

This forum is not here to encourage law breakers working on the cheap.

How to become an EPA certified A/C & Refrigeration Technician

The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has required that all persons handling refrigerants should be certified. If you are not certified you can't legally buy refrigerants

Grizzly
04-03-2015, 07:29 PM
The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has required that all persons handling refrigerants should be certified. If you are not certified you can't legally buy refrigerants

WOW! RB!
You telling me that even the U.S. of A. Is now making fridge's comply?
Brilliant.
Grizzly