PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Trane Adaptive Interface

RackMechanic
21-02-2015, 04:08 AM
I have a new Adaptive Interface Controller that I want to install on an RTAA 080A YT01 air cooled chiller.
I've read somewhere that all parameters and settings are stored in another module, and changing the interface will be simply plug and play with no actual programming required.
Can someone whose done this before let me know of any special precautions I need to take?
I'm planning on auto stopping the system, shutting off power, replacing the adaptive interface and
turning the powr back on.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

chillerman2006
21-02-2015, 11:03 AM
Best bet is to ask Trane :)

install monkey
21-02-2015, 11:05 AM
you cant stop a trane!:D

chillerman2006
21-02-2015, 11:09 AM
This model has carbon ceramic so all cool ;)

Grizzly
21-02-2015, 11:40 AM
I have a new Adaptive Interface Controller that I want to install on an RTAA 080A YT01 air cooled chiller.
I've read somewhere that all parameters and settings are stored in another module, and changing the interface will be simply plug and play with no actual programming required.
Can someone whose done this before let me know of any special precautions I need to take?
I'm planning on auto stopping the system, shutting off power, replacing the adaptive interface and
turning the powr back on.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi RackMechanic
I misread your post at first( Think?) If you are talking about a like for like swop, then power off and reboot after fitting the replacement. Cannot do any harm surely?
If you have purchased or obtained a direct replacement then surely Trane would advise?
(As chillerman suggests!)
If you are trying to modify said system, good luck!
I hope the chiller is sacrificial!
Grizzly

chillerman2006
21-02-2015, 11:53 AM
Think I misread the post too Grizzly
Was thinking upgrading not just replacing like for like

RackMechanic
21-02-2015, 12:06 PM
No not modify, like for like. Just hope parameters exist in another module. Time restraints don't allow for full reprogram.

FreezerGeezer
22-02-2015, 11:33 PM
Without the Trane books, you probably can't do a full reprogram anyway, as the manuals provide the settings for all the parameters.
Is the module a UCM-CLD, or the predecessor?

RackMechanic
25-02-2015, 04:17 PM
Thanks Freezergeezer. It's a UCM-CLD. I did swap yesterday. Easy. No re-programming needed. All info stored in seperate module. Thanks for the help!