PDA

View Full Version : Teflon pipes

Telu
21-02-2015, 02:11 AM
Could be replaced bronze pipes by teflon pipes?

monkey spanners
21-02-2015, 12:09 PM
Anything is possible, Gomax make a range of flexible lines for connecting to pressure switches for example.

Your question does not really give enough information to offer a valid answer.

Telu
21-02-2015, 01:48 PM
I just want to connect external unit with internal unit of an air conditioning split.

Brian_UK
21-02-2015, 02:52 PM
What is the pressure rating of your 'teflon' pipe?

What is the refrigerant being used?

Telu
21-02-2015, 03:25 PM
I donīt care about pressure, it's known that teflon support great pressure. But what about the chemical reactions with refrigerants (R-22, R-410)

Grizzly
21-02-2015, 03:58 PM
I donīt care about pressure, it's known that teflon support great pressure. But what about the chemical reactions with refrigerants (R-22, R-410)

Hi Telu.
3 posts and you are already being rude to others! But still expect answers to your demands.
Some ask and get answers others demand and get nothing.
You choose!
A few lines from the Large amount of information received when googling Teflon (PTFE).

It has a very high melting point, and is also stable at very low temperatures. It can be dissolved by nothing but hot fluorine gas or certain molten metals, so it is extremely resistant to corrosion. It is also very slick and slippery
Grizzly

Telu
21-02-2015, 05:15 PM
Sorry if a was rude, as you probably have noticed I'm just learning English. I appologize for it.
Thank you very much for your answers.

Grizzly
21-02-2015, 06:17 PM
Sorry if a was rude, as you probably have noticed I'm just learning English. I appologize for it.
Thank you very much for your answers.

Hello Telu and welcome!
Your explanasion / apology is very much accepted.
In future I for one will make an allowance for your Improving English.

What Brian, who has huge experience in these matters was asking is highly relevant.

A hose good for R22 is different for one for R410a and Teflon does not fit all circumstances.
It is indeed used in a lot of applications but from my experience many hoses are refrigerant / pressure specific.
Flexible lines are only normally used for short pipe runs.
They rarely are cheaper than their copper alternative especially over long lengths!
Grizzly

Telu
21-02-2015, 11:19 PM
Thanks Grizzly!
I chose it for its flexibility because I have to pass it through a pipe with a reverse curve and it is embedded in the wall.
The refrigerant is R-22, so pressure will be less than 200 psi.