PDA

View Full Version : Daikin Altherma LT Controller Query

waltsalt
20-02-2015, 01:19 PM
Hello all,

I've a quick query about my Daikin Altherma controller. I've gone through my manual from front to back and spent the last two days searching on the internet but can't seem to find any answers.

The pump icon and the heating icon are constantly flashing on my controller unit when the controller is turned off. The two icons are flashing simultaneously. There doesn't seem to be any fault as such because the heating still works when it comes on through the night (running on E7 at the moment rather than 24/7 now we've got some balmy mid-February conditions).

I'm just wondering if the blinking icons are anything to worry about. The heat pump has been in for just under a year and the icons have only started blinking recently.

The heat pump model number is EBHQ008BBV3 and the controller model number is ARC448A4.

I appreciate help from anybody who may have come across this.

Cheers.

waltsalt
20-02-2015, 05:57 PM
Just a quick update with the answer to the question in case anybody comes across this in the future.

I spoke with Daikin today (top marks for a speedy response and good customer service) and they told me it is to indicate that the pump is moving water around the system to avoid it freezing. Outside temperature was 2.5 degrees last night so this makes sense. I had never noticed it up until now because the heat pump was always on so only happening now because pump is only on at night.

Reassuring to know everything is as it should be. A big learning curve with these pumps but when you learn how they work they are quality.

padraic
20-02-2015, 08:51 PM
Great you got your answers.. I was talking to daikin last week and they were very helpful..
sorry to hijack your post but I'm looking to fit one on my own house and curious what kind of electrical cost had you over the year.

waltsalt
24-02-2015, 11:52 AM
Great you got your answers.. I was talking to daikin last week and they were very helpful..
sorry to hijack your post but I'm looking to fit one on my own house and curious what kind of electrical cost had you over the year.

Hard to take any real meaning from my figures because they are obviously specific to my house size and insulation and air tightness measures but I'm using about 20 kWh each day through December and January. It was a lot less than that in November and now in February I am using less as well. I hope to need very little heat for the rest of the year.

I'm running the pump steady 24/7 in the cold months so that 20 kWh usage is split very evenly throughout the day. So I get 7 hours at E7 rates and the rest at normal rates so you can get a rough cost figure from that.