PDA

View Full Version : Daikin inverter compressor

Theboy
17-02-2015, 07:56 PM
Help needed have got a VRV II Daikin inverter compressor have used a meggar on the compressor and all my readings check out is there a way of checking to see if the compressor will run without running the risk of blowing the board. History of unit is turned up to unit and inverter board was blown and noise filter fuses blown and lots of water in the electrical box you can see my problem a expensive mistake if compressor is locked another board....

The Viking
17-02-2015, 08:29 PM
VRV II?

Pretty sure they are using standard AC compressors...
Just feed it with 3ph from the fixed speed compressor's contractor or other suitably switched and fused 3ph supply to see if it starts.

:cool:

Theboy
17-02-2015, 08:37 PM
Thanks Viking just wasn't sure if I would damage it thanks again

Theboy
17-02-2015, 09:38 PM
While am thinking about it would like to test the 3 phase fan as well can I do the same wiring mod as the inverter compressor??????

JP6
18-02-2015, 12:50 AM
What is the exact model number of the outdoor unit? If you have access to the Daikin extranet you can look at the service manual to find what you need, if not I can send you a copy.

Some use both inverter and standard compressors, DC fan motors or inverter driven motors.

RusBuka
18-02-2015, 02:04 PM
Yes, need a full model.

Theboy
18-02-2015, 02:35 PM
Reyq12m7w1b vrv II

JP6
18-02-2015, 07:10 PM
Ok so that unit uses a standard compressor and an inverter compressor. As you say you've replaced the inverter board and compressor I assume it's the inverter driven one you're looking to test. You can test the compressor by connecting it a suitable 3 phase supply with suitable safety devices and monitor the running current. Do not run it like this for a long period!

Fan motor on these are also inverter driven, uses a separate fan inverter board fed from rectified DC on the compressor inverter board. I probably would've changed the fan inverter board too if the compressor one had blown from water damage.

Service manual is here (http://www.daikintech.co.uk/Data/VRV-Outdoor/REYQ/2005/REYQ-M7W1B/REYQ-MY1B_SM.pdf).

Theboy
18-02-2015, 07:32 PM
Found resistor blown on fan board took board to be repaired have looked at the motor and when messing with it a lot of water has come out of the fan were my cables enter start to think fan was drawing high current as well thanks for the posts lads great help

JP6
18-02-2015, 10:24 PM
Unfortunately seems to be a common problem with Daikins letting water in through the fan motors, I've seen the same a few times now.

Theboy
18-02-2015, 10:35 PM
Just a lot of money to change the inverter compressor just cod Daikin say so

RusBuka
18-02-2015, 10:41 PM
Eeee vrv2 without liquid separator, vrv3 there is no normal protection from high discharge temperature...140C discharge 20 rpm and its work.
piece of crap