PDA

View Full Version : Hello, everybody

marthe1994
16-02-2015, 04:24 PM
I have just started working on an industrial ammonia plant. I started april 2014, and I did not know what the h*** I was doing. I have worked only with heatpumps earlier, and after taking my education and F-gas certificate, I applied for this job. My teorethic skills are in order, but after talking this job, the first days I was wondering if I was a complete lunatic. But along with an engineer, who was really in full control, and a boss who is a very good teacher, I am now in more control over myself and the plant. We have 7 compressors, 5 screw and 2 piston. I read this forum a lot, there are plenty of good advice here. I do not feel I am in the position to answer so many of the quistions here, yet. But maybe after some time I can also contribute with some knowledge here also. At least I hope. Great to be here. Øyvind

Grizzly
16-02-2015, 05:07 PM
Hi Oyvind.
Welcome to the forum.
Your post is a pleasant read. Which reminds me very much of how I started out. Yours is a situation which many I am sure will envy, as there are not many opportunities to get "On the Job" training nowadays. Particularly with Ammonia Plant.
Just be patient you will go far with the attitude you present within your posts. And Hey! We are all learning, it never stops for any of us.
You will get a chance to help at some stage.
Good Luck Grizzly

vnmanpower
13-03-2015, 08:15 AM
Hello Oyvind
Welcome you. And Grizzly is right. Take it easy ;)

Rob White
13-03-2015, 08:36 AM

Welcome Øyvind.

I am sure, the more you get to know us and the site, the
more you will be able to contribute, if only to correct us on
our lack of knowledge.

:D

Regards

Rob