PDA

View Full Version : Tesco

coolhibby1875
10-02-2015, 10:11 PM
Looks like the merry go round of tupe tesco engineers again. 😡 bad times

cadwaladr
11-02-2015, 12:27 AM
I only shop there and never want anything to do supplying my skills to any supermarket chain cut throat vultures,think loyalty is a word they cannot use but want everyone to have their loyalty cards.

jonjon
11-02-2015, 04:58 AM
as in integral engineers or Tesco maintenance ? who they transferring to ?

Grizzly
11-02-2015, 05:37 AM
Hi Coolhibby.
I am sorry to read your post and I agree 100% with you cadwaladar.
Just maybe the big companies that we all are involved with in some capacity, especially the Supermarkets.
As they have thrived on "MARKET" perception / Incentives, are now feeling the result of Joe Public / ordinary employee's.
Beginning to realise there can be more freedom of choice without someone having to suffer for it.
Or just that people are now beginning to realise just how much manipulation has been going on?
The loyalty card being a good example.
Buy some goods / produce locally (Whenever practical or possible).

Thanks for the Heads up coolhibby.
I assume more is about to be squeezed from less again.
May things go well for you.
Grizzly

supermarketguy
12-02-2015, 01:02 AM
Hi All,

I have been told that Integral have lost all Tesco Stores in the south and they are to be split between Space, Carters and Tesco Maintance. KB retain all stores in Scotland(part of carter Group)

Supermarketguy

yorkshire
12-02-2015, 10:23 PM
Integral have lost the lot not just the south.

cadwaladr
13-02-2015, 12:54 AM
Dropped like a brick I guess!,supermarkets good for deals but not ideals I do some breakdown work sometimes for stobarts who transport for them always on the hurry up hah I make em wait screw their by the second schedule my motto if you want it fixing right I run the clock or tools go in the van and I am gone!

Magoo
14-02-2015, 12:07 AM
a comment from the other side of the world, but all indications of skimping and swopping around service companies is a sure sign they are struggling financially, and will go tits up sooner than later. No one should expose their company more than 30 day payment for services provided. It is called limited risk/exposure.

cadwaladr
14-02-2015, 01:22 AM
Tesco have pots of cash,they just want to cut the margins to zero I think and some will dance to the tune,I know stories that would blow your mind about how they treat suppliers it's been national news here,one example I was made aware of was a delivery of bananas all on one truck delivered the same day fifty percent of the deliveries were rejected the temperature monitoring system showed the bananas were all delivered at the right temperature and the rejections were counter claimed,and proven so something about them that seems weird loreal said they would boycott them and they did an about turn,apparently the management practise is going thru an overall big investigations taking place by government bodies,

joe-ice
14-02-2015, 02:28 AM
Sounds very messy . If your working for a company on the tesco contract are ya just transferred to the next company on same terms and conditions or do your rights get watered down with every move.Hard to believe workers can be passed around like this in this day and age.

richelli
14-02-2015, 12:35 PM
Tupe is a good thing for engineers in some respect and I don't fully understand all the laws around it even though I've been tuped myself. Under tupe you should be transferred on your current wages and terms and conditions. They should re-write these into there own terms and you may end up better off like myself, as the company I went to allows full van and fuel benefits and the pension was better. They can change you terms and conditions after a period of time but there's somthing about if they do they can't give the reason as not having enough money in the contract to do it and you have to go through a consultation period first. If they want rid of you they have to pay you, your redundancy for the amount of time you've been on that contract or at least the government minimum if it's more years than they state. It does protect jobs for engineers and does buy time if you want to look for another job if you don't like where your going. On the down side I suppose it makes it to easy for the supermarkets to just chop and change companies all the time knowing full well the same engineers just move with it all.

In my eyes at the end of the day no company is going to work contracts for free. There's always another company that think they can do it cheaper but you only get cheaper by cutting money in the service your giving. The markets always want more and pay less. If all these companies just said no more to it and all pulled out maybe in the long run engineers would end up in a better situation as the supermarkets would have to pay real money for the services they received!

cadwaladr
15-02-2015, 01:29 AM
Are the beauty of being self employed,I don't pay the ferry man till he gets me to the other side,working for anyone connected with supermarkets would scare me Indians and chiefs b&&&&&& is the common denominator

joe-ice
15-02-2015, 03:35 AM
indians an chiefs .you have been where i was once haha

chillerman2006
15-02-2015, 07:13 PM
Tesco's appear to have taken so many companies under
I say appear as these companies just so happened to work for them at the time [save me being liable]
Integral only lost the contract as they would not sing to their tune and go bankrupt in the process
They took on all the WR Tesco team and contract when WR went bust and this is how they repay them
Without Integral they would have been stuffed for all north London stores, from Essex and east Anglia, right up to Hull and back down and across to Birmingham, all of Hertfordshire, bedfordshire and a chunk of Buckinghamshire
Its surprising Carters and Space are even entertaining taking on more stores as it just puts them at higher risk

The engineers will be tuped over but all the office staff and field managers who have worked hard over the years will not be

The whole supermarket fridge contracts game stinks and as mentioned above companies need to stand up to them and charge proper rates and make a decent profit
These are big money all in service contracts parts/labour But on very tight margins so it don't take much to go wrong and the contractor is running at a loss
The fine system that Tesco have in place too can wipe out the tiny profit a company may make
Last I heard it was £2500 for any off sale that lasted more than 24hrs

Just my 2cents anyway

Good luck to the engineers with their tupe and I hope all that are not being taken on find work and soon

CraigF
09-03-2015, 09:58 PM
I work on HVAC In said stores in the Birmingham area. It's no different here, screwed and screwed, so much is changing. I had an OK job, but slowly the perks are being taken away and it all stinks of the last time I worked in supermarket ( on fridge side ) I really think we will be the next lot on TUPE.

I'm seriously thinking of running and going to work for the big boys in FM but away from the supermarkets... I need stability.

All the best to the guys who have been affected, hope all has worked out well.

cadwaladr
09-03-2015, 10:08 PM
They will cut and cut and be ruthless no doubt,my local Tesco which is quite large have got a system called scan and shop I don't know how much it cost to set it up but nobody uses it?,So waste money trying to save money muppetry!