PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this article

RANGER1
08-02-2015, 10:06 AM
https://ry203.infusionsoft.com/app/hostedEmail/23691/f3f34a58d60f63dd?inf_contact_key=ce3d8c40ce1e68098bbccf69adb11269d39b7e83b0bf5e8ac6142ef198c53833

Received this from management the other day.

I'm all for personal improvement but apparently a job is not a job anymore, but a way of life.

If only management could practice what they preach!
The guy who wrote it would be a real hero for company owners.

Of course we wouldn't know if we were doing a good job because that's called praise.

I personally rely on customers to tell me whats what.

r.bartlett
08-02-2015, 12:27 PM
You write one as we can compare.

RANGER1
08-02-2015, 12:53 PM
I believe I do a lot of these things anyway, but when someone nearly tells you what to do I don't like it.
I'm employee not a share holder.

r.bartlett
08-02-2015, 12:55 PM
I believe I do a lot of these things anyway, but when someone nearly tells you what to do I don't like it.
I'm employee not a share holder.

if you don't like being told what to do why are you an employee?

RANGER1
08-02-2015, 01:16 PM
You sound like an employer.
Want to pay for 8 hours work but expect 91/2

r.bartlett
08-02-2015, 01:51 PM
You sound like an employer.
Want to pay for 8 hours work but expect 91/2

why not become an employer and see how wonderful life really us?

RANGER1
08-02-2015, 10:54 PM
why not become an employer and see how wonderful life really us?

So if your employees give you this "time for free" do you thank or "praise" them when they do a good job, as apparently it's expected from this article "as "doing your job".
Can you honestly say you do all the things in this article, or only the ones that suit you, but expect from the employees.
I have seen a few dedicate their life to their job..
Company goes broke or mismanaged, sold or whatever, what do they get, nothing.

Times are probably tight in your part of the world so everyone has to sacrifice something, I understand that, just remember who helps along the way when things pick up.

HVACRsaurus
08-02-2015, 11:28 PM
Hmm, quite a polarising article & not very well written - reads like a fluff piece that someone typed up while they were "working through lunch" - probably a bit dehydrated with thier blood sugar running a bit low..

RANGER1
09-02-2015, 02:17 AM
Hmm, quite a polarising article & not very well written - reads like a fluff piece that someone typed up while they were "working through lunch" - probably a bit dehydrated with thier blood sugar running a bit low..

Further analysis it appears to be typed by one hand, I wonder where the other one was!

MikeHolm
09-02-2015, 03:08 AM
Must.....concentrate, must ...concentrate

PaulZ
09-02-2015, 05:36 AM
Hi Ranger
I wouldn't take what is said too seriously after all it is a recruitment consultant company.
I reckon everyone knows what he is doing with the other hand, I think it starts with W.
I have had to deal with recruitment consultants in years gone by and some unfortunately are like this.
There probably are some employers who would agree with these words but I would suspect they have a very high staff turnover.
Regards
Paul

RANGER1
09-02-2015, 10:17 PM
Hi Ranger
I wouldn't take what is said too seriously after all it is a recruitment consultant company.
I reckon everyone knows what he is doing with the other hand, I think it starts with W.
I have had to deal with recruitment consultants in years gone by and some unfortunately are like this.
There probably are some employers who would agree with these words but I would suspect they have a very high staff turnover.
Regards
Paul

Typical management, no original ideas or imagination themselves, have to get someone else to do it.