PDA

View Full Version : liquid line driers

cadwaladr
28-01-2015, 07:00 PM
Who stocks parker sporlan or alco filter driers having trouble finding a good supplier lots of cheaper ones out there but I want quality.

charlie patt
28-01-2015, 08:16 PM
Parker we use thermofrost cryo .mgs alco is fsw or acr group I believe

cadwaladr
28-01-2015, 08:57 PM
Thanks Charlie,got some of them gah twin compartments giving moisture problems guess the ones they fit are not up to it.

monkey spanners
29-01-2015, 12:23 AM
Think HRP do Alco driers too.

cadwaladr
29-01-2015, 01:09 AM
Tried them they keep minimum stock levels,if you want one no problem if you want more you have to order they are more into ac supply now.

charlie patt
29-01-2015, 08:32 PM
There too small on twins on fs 7s I've fitted 305 and change the lp switch so they don't pull a vac I've had good success with danfoss solid cores ta charlie

cadwaladr
29-01-2015, 08:59 PM
good idea,but i thought they had 164 drier on them

charlie patt
30-01-2015, 10:40 PM
They do but with the burgaflex hoses but they don't seem big enough and every eight months moisture reoccurs it's tight but 305/304 will fit some of early ones use 5/8 some had. 1/2 flares we had same issue on super raps if u remove old big drier fit the new one with the pipe extension u will get moisture trouble same issue carrier had with xarious poor pipes small driers

cadwaladr
31-01-2015, 02:26 AM
This thing has mended itself well for the time being will see it next week and put it to bed,but there is some crap driers out there,over engineer that's my motto but if the makers want to fit crap then more money for us.

Glenn Moore
02-02-2015, 06:38 PM
Hi cad
For your info Danfoss make 2 types of drier , the DCL and DML .
The DM is for new systems where there is no acid and the compressor oil often has additives in to improve its various qualities. The DM is made of purer MOLECULAR SIEVE which has a very high moisture absorption ability, which reduces the moisture levels in new systems down to a very low level , and also does not remove the additives in the POE lubricants which many compressor manufacturers use to enhance the lubrication in their machines for the higher bearing loads and temperatures , with modern refrigerants.
The DC is for systems that have been in use and is basically a service Filter Drier. As you know after some time of operation weak acids appear in the system caused by electrical arcing of the motor , refrigerant, heat, oil etc. The DC is made from a combination of dessicants ie Silica gel, Molecular Sieve and activated oxides which absorb both moisture and these weak acids, and can also extract some of these additives in POE lubricants.
So ie use DML's on new systems and DCL's on older systems for service, that will give the best all round system filtration and drier ability and allow the additives in the POE to permeate into the granular structure of the bearing surfaces to give the bearings a longer life. Always size the drier for the charge capacity and not line size it