PDA

View Full Version : calling bobjob: Ducted Daikin minisplit underperforming in heat mode

haricot
26-01-2015, 09:31 PM
I'm having trouble similar to that jutty described in this post (http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?2911-Problem-with-ducted-Daikin).

In short, I have a newly installed 2-ton Daikin SkyAir ducted minisplit, and it seems to be delivering about 25% of the heat output it should be. System charge is correct and static pressure is at .21" WC (specified range is .20-.80.) Daikin is not moving very quickly to help solve the problem.

Response 6 to the above post came from forum user bobjob, who said you could diagnose hot air short cycling by monitoring the temperatures from the remote controllers. I know how to get to the screen to see the temperatures, but I don't know what pattern would indicate hot air short cycling. Can you explain?

Thanks.

install monkey
27-01-2015, 12:33 AM
moniter temps on a hard wired controller by setting mode 41, will show you return air, controller temp and coil temp- might be better using setting mode 10 for enabling th sensor in the remote control, and setting the ceiling height to a higher value so you get more air from the unit
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz6TBzB0zKeAR29RTzM0Qy1rUjg/view?usp=sharing
controller manual has setting mode 10 in
yo get to setting 41 - access setting mode 10 then press and hold the same button to access 40, temp up to display 41, 00- return air 01 remote controller air 02 pipe sensor on coil
search daikin setting codes on this forum

haricot
27-01-2015, 12:45 AM
Thanks. I know how to get the temperatures out of the controller, and it's a ducted unit, so there isn't a setting for ceiling height. My questions are:
1) what pattern of temperatures indicates hot cycling
2) if the unit is hot cycling, what is the fix?

Thanks again.

r.bartlett
27-01-2015, 09:47 AM
post pictures - always helps.

install monkey
27-01-2015, 09:34 PM
increase static duct pressure setting

Thanks. I know how to get the temperatures out of the controller, and it's a ducted unit, so there isn't a setting for ceiling height. My questions are:
1) what pattern of temperatures indicates hot cycling
2) if the unit is hot cycling, what is the fix?

Thanks again.