PDA

View Full Version : Kelvinator A/C capacitor replacement (cross reference)

the_mechanic
23-01-2015, 12:40 PM
Hi,

I want to replace my old capacitor. But can't find the exact one. I found a capacitor which is very close to old one. Can any one please confirm if it's going to work. I've attached the picture. I want to replace the bottom picture with the top one. Hoping for some response. Thank you.

monkey spanners
23-01-2015, 12:51 PM
Looks ok from here, capacitance and voltage match up which is the main selection criteria.

the_mechanic
23-01-2015, 01:15 PM
Looks ok from here, capacitance and voltage match up which is the main selection criteria.

Thank you for a very quick response :D

Magoo
24-01-2015, 01:41 AM
Changed the same combo run capacitor on a window rattler AC unit the other day. Three sets of terminals on top, do not get them mixed up. C / common neutral , herm /compressor. Fan / fan motor.

the_mechanic
24-01-2015, 04:06 AM
Changed the same combo run capacitor on a window rattler AC unit the other day. Three sets of terminals on top, do not get them mixed up. C / common neutral , herm /compressor. Fan / fan motor.

Thank mate. Going for it :D

chemi-cool
24-01-2015, 11:10 AM
The capacitor in the bottom picture is Chinese and most probably a lower quality. You can simply replace it with two separate capacitors, 6mf and 45mf.

kefah
24-01-2015, 03:01 PM

I agree with u

kefah
24-01-2015, 03:01 PM
The capacitor in the bottom picture is Chinese and most probably a lower quality. You can simply replace it with two separate capacitors, 6mf and 45mf.
its same if separate or dual