PDA

View Full Version : Direct Cooling Block Ice Machine - How To Design ?

crawling
21-01-2015, 01:46 PM
can somebody give me some reference guide on the design of ,direct cooling block ice plant.
I have been using brine cooling system for years and want to switch to a direct cooling system .
What i looking for is a plan/design of the plant ?
anybody able to help ?

RANGER1
21-01-2015, 08:05 PM
Crawling,
I am not aware of a direct cooling block ice plant.
As you say brine as a secondary refrigerant used to be quite common.
This would be considers old technology today Depending on what type of ice you want.
Most ice plants these days are tube ice, flake.

One quicker method might be Vogt or Morris(USA) tube or "Turbo" type ice machine.
The ice can have several purposes & if you want block ice it can be compressed into a block.
Mall depends on how much ice, what type, refrigerant & how much money you want to spend.

If if you only want block ice I think brine is probably best & simple.

crawling
21-01-2015, 09:54 PM
Hello Ranger,

i am talking about a system like this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1421782837&v=TVCZkNGkBmo&x-yt-cl=84359240
There is no brine used for this system .

RANGER1
22-01-2015, 09:35 AM
Interesting if that's the type of ice you would like.
No demand that I know of in Australia.

airtrackinc
28-01-2015, 06:17 AM
Modern ice makers are compact compared with conventional block ice plants, but a direct comparison of the space requirements of the various types cannot readily be made. The capacity varies with the operating conditions and it is usual to quote a capacity range when referring to its ice manufacturing capabilities.

sterl
28-01-2015, 08:28 PM
These things operate much like a vertical plate freezer with a moving housing.

I'm not sure about a total plant layout because even when block plants were the norm in the high output production of ice, the ice was usually crushed down and bagged. In what form will the product leave the factory? If its going to depart as block, the issue is largely material handling or?

AMP
02-02-2015, 08:40 PM
Hi Crawling,

Try these solution:
http://www.tucal.es/web/?page_id=42&lang=en

These machines are based on direct cooling. They use the same aluminum plates (exchange surface) than the plate freezers manufactured by the same company. They are delivered in a compact form (with refrigerating refrigerating equipment attached) and for many different capacities.