PDA

View Full Version : Improvising

mikeref
14-01-2015, 09:41 AM
I'm sure most of us had to think of a temporary fix when replacement components are not available for a day or two.
Enter Mikeref to a pub with it's fully stocked Island bar, showing it's 3 independent compartments reading 29 Degrees C. All 3 solenoids in the cabinet are energised...so the drama is at the other end. Condensing kit under the pub. :rolleyes:

Several fluro tubes light up a small area under this 2 story building but this condensing kit is way the F**k over there in no-man's land....in total darkness.

To cut a long story short, the condenser fan shorted.
No EBM of that size in stock so i CABLE TIED a smaller EBM motor through the bolt holes as a temporary measure.
HP shot up so i shut down both glass chiller solenoids to avoid a HP trip.

RANGER1
14-01-2015, 07:31 PM
Mike,
From my experience the further north you go this temporary fix becomes permanent.
Most of us will temp fix until parts turn up, then others get on their high horse & will wait for correct parts
Some of us look at clients side, as if they don't make money, then they can't pay bill.
Some only do correct way, otherwise client will not pay bill or have no imagination to try something outside the box.
Some of us have no idea of what the hell is going on.
Some of us are very resourceful.
Some improvise all the time because they don't know any better.

Grizzly
14-01-2015, 07:48 PM
Mike
I hope someone appreciates your excellent Improvisation.
Grizzly

install monkey
14-01-2015, 08:43 PM
11936bollocks- picture uploads wrong way- my bodgerism- trv replaced by plumber, 22mm t weeping- bandaged up with sos tape and insulation tape to hold it in place- going back to rectify when pressure relief valve is in stock so i only have to drain down once

mikeref
15-01-2015, 10:18 AM
Sometimes improvising can lead to further dramas but in this case, the cable ties held firm.

If it had been a dud compressor, or the cable ties broke, the front bar girls would have raided the "private bar" cabinet next door causing a WTF attitude with the maintenance guys who would have to restock supplies from one of the Drive through bottle shops cold rooms down stairs.

Drive through attendant's have to keep a record of supplies sold...and restock from the warehouse across the street. Meanwhile the Maintenance guys are removing cartons of chilled bottles and cans via one of 3 cold-room doors.

This follow on effect means i have to do what ever it takes to keep this pub rolling.:)

Appreciate your ^ comments. Just another day in the life of a fridgie.

MikeHolm
15-01-2015, 12:13 PM
11936bollocks- picture uploads wrong way- my bodgerism- trv replaced by plumber, 22mm t weeping- bandaged up with sos tape and insulation tape to hold it in place- going back to rectify when pressure relief valve is in stock so i only have to drain down once

How did they do the other side? I assume the return in on the lower pipe.