PDA

View Full Version : Indesit frost free freezer

Donkay
12-01-2015, 02:56 PM
We have an Indesit F/F/Freezer its about 5/6 years old , could be older it's in an apt in Spain .
everytime you switch on another appliance the unit starts to tick , the more you put on the faster the tick . But if you switch it off or pull plug out and wait 5 min and restart It's fine .
Apart from this it works fine . What we have tried is leveling the unit / raising fridge door as it had dropped / and swipping a magnet accross the board behind the facia . Can anyone help

Cheers Don

Rob White
12-01-2015, 03:56 PM

You say it ticks when other appliances are started?

This is more to do with the electrical supplies in the apartment I would think?

When the thing is running and something else starts, for a fraction of a second
there could be a power drop, this then causes the compressor motor to stall
and it only recovers if left off for a few mins to equalise. The ticking could be the
the compressor starter and, or safety device.

If this is the case it could be an indication that the fridge, at 5 or 6 years old
is getting tired and needs looking at or worse. Try running it on a separate plug,
fed from as near the consumer unit, fuse board, circuit breaker board or whatever
system the flat has for distributing the electricity.

I would also suggest an electrician looks at the electrics in the apartment and
checks for any problems, bad connections or low voltages.

Regards

Rob

Donkay
13-01-2015, 10:59 AM
Cheers Rob , aye the electrics in some parts need looked at , we received an electrical certficate to say it's ok , but to be honest Hind sight tells me Knowing how things work over there this could be Micky mouse .
Cheers
Don