PDA

View Full Version : Best recovery machine

Kirky
08-01-2015, 11:06 PM
Hi all

we are looking at purchasing new recovery machines for our techs. We currently use yellow jacket which have served us well. The yellow jacket machine are slightly more expensive than others. Can anyone recommend the best recovery machine for around £1000 inc vat. Should we stick with what we know or make a change. Any recommendations welcome

thanks

Rtic
11-01-2015, 02:15 AM
Hi Kirky

£1000 will get you are good promax. All our engineers all have a Promax RG5410a on the van and not one has failed, and all recover gas as fast as any other I have seen on the market.

If you want to think out of the mainstreem box; Appion recovery pumps are considored the best in America and have started to appear on the market here, so if you wanted to take the plunge you could try one out.

JV

monkey spanners
11-01-2015, 12:06 PM
I replaced my 10 year old ecobuddy with one of the Value ones that FSW are selling, had it a while and seems ok, much quicker than the one it replaced.

I looked at the Appion on but it didn't have a purge function so as i work with a lot of different refrigerants it did not meet my needs.

My unit soon after i got it,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTQmWQmovR0

Grizzly
11-01-2015, 02:23 PM
Interesting Video M.S.
I note your recovery appears to be 240V?
Presumably not an issue for you or your customers.

Most of mine would expect 110V although a earth leakage trip / Socket may well negate this?
Looks a good unit functions wise all the same.
Does it do 410a?
The Promax ones mentioned by Rtic seem to meet our needs. I think some of the guys may well have some different ones, although I have not paid much attention to their kit.
I must ask for opinions!
Grizzly

monkey spanners
11-01-2015, 03:27 PM
My old ecobuddy was 110v, i never needed it to be so and got fed up carrying the transformer about, i retired it while is still worked so can be used in future should we need a 110v machine.

The new Value one does R410A as you would expect in a new machine, i believe it is the same as the Refco one but for the case being a different shape and green.

al
11-01-2015, 11:39 PM
I'm using an Appion http://www.hawco.co.uk/en/appion-heavy-duty-recovery-unit.html ,it has purge function, quite fast but no low pressure cut out which the yellow jacket has.

Magoo
12-01-2015, 06:15 AM
Using a Rothenberger ( spell check ). cannot fault it. $1700 odd dollars here.
magoo

Kirky
14-01-2015, 09:02 AM
Thanks for all your comments.

i did take a look at the Value range from FSW. The price is right but for some reason I get the feeling the units are not very good. Maybe it's the name. That being said I do know a couple of techs that use the value unit and they seem to rate it.

Kirky
14-01-2015, 09:08 AM
The value unit is cheaper than the promax. Would you say pay a little extra for the promax because it's better and isn't there much in it. Also guys whilst I've got you. We are looking at purchasing our techs some field laptops. Any recommendations which don't cost a fortune. We looked at the toughbook and dura books but they are silly money.

al
14-01-2015, 09:40 PM
Why not purchase tablets instead, way easier to protect and very cheap, for reports etc i find ipad excellent but pricey.

The promax in my own view is not worth the extra, i've gone through 2 of them, they really don't like liquid even when throttled right back, what price is the value recovery unit?

monkey spanners
14-01-2015, 11:31 PM
Why not purchase tablets instead, way easier to protect and very cheap, for reports etc i find ipad excellent but pricey.

The promax in my own view is not worth the extra, i've gone through 2 of them, they really don't like liquid even when throttled right back, what price is the value recovery unit?

I run liquid straight through My Value one, (says is ok in instructions!) if it gets noisy you turn it from fast to slow recovery, not been an issue with R22/404A/134a that i mostly work with. Think it was about £700.

Refco put Value workings in their reco machines, i asked at the rac show last time as controls look similar!