PDA

View Full Version : A/C System Cleanups

Latte
20-04-2006, 11:57 PM
Hi Guys,

Another Day, Another LG with split suction pipe thats lost its gas and cooked the pot. Whats the general census of opinion on cleaning the system.

Obviously you can't keep changing the oil, personally i am tempted to fit a drier (Cooling only unit so considering fitted a 053 in the discharge side or a suction filter, maybe both !!!!!!) and putting some acid away in.

So many LG's. So many gas leaks !!!
Here comes the summer and the overtime !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards

Fatboy

Brian_UK
21-04-2006, 04:41 PM
Considering that it's an LG (Little Glitch) I'd think that would be more than sufficient for it. I've done it the past on some other makes and didn't suffer any problems.

Makeit go Right
25-05-2006, 04:18 PM
With the drier, AIUI, the thing should not be left in the pipeline for too long - just long enough to clean up the refrigerant gas. ie maybe take it out again after a fortnight or so.

That being the case it involves a return visit, of course (unless left there until the next maint visit - not the best thing.)

Comments?

Latte
25-05-2006, 07:52 PM
Hi Guys,

Ended up fitting just an 053. I was a bit concerned that because the expansion (Cap tube) is in the Condensing unit that the pipe freezing and warming up would cause the flares to come loose.

YES I KNOW, i should have fitted a sweat one but as per usual NRS didnt have one that day.

I have been back, Reclaimed and removed said drier as replaced pipework. all appears OK (As OK as an LG can be)

Regards

Fatboy

malik55
25-05-2006, 10:32 PM
In past we were using pressurized F11 for system clean up , but as practice changes with the laws and unavailability of F11, Some new system flush and cleanup liquid chemicals are available, As I knows one is from Totaline Carrier and another one is from High side chemicals and both are U.S based,
May be you will get an equivalent one, try to clean system with it and then flush it with nitrogen, Replace compressor and filter drier, also fix additional suction line filter drier, check pressure drop and if it drops then replace it, also test oil for acidity and replace it if it shows negative results. Compressor burnout and system clean up is a major job and have to include all expenses.