PDA

View Full Version : Need advise for stripping a ccm valve on a c02 pack

tony--1
22-12-2014, 08:08 PM
Iv worked a lot on c02 packs and have never had to pull 1 of these valves apart before . Just after a little advise before I jump in and pull it apart

Glenn Moore
22-12-2014, 09:33 PM
Hi Tony
The CCM and CCMT valves are not designed to be stripped down without special tools. Apart from the motor there are no spares available , so it is best to get a new one and replace it.

tony--1
22-12-2014, 10:03 PM
Hi Glenn
Yip can see you need something special to pull the bipolar step motor off the valve body . Don't feel like changing the complete valve . Lol. You can get a manual adjustment to replace the step motor

Glenn Moore
23-12-2014, 06:48 PM
Hi Tony
You can get a device to manually drive the CCM motor but there is no actual manual jacking device to manually open and close these valves. I think you may be thinking of the ICMTS valve where you can get a manual Device which is a very powerful magnet , to manually wind the valve open and closed. The CCM valves motor can driven by a handheld battery driven unit which can also be used to test the motors function . To remove the motor just de Gas the line and simply unscrew the motor from the valve body but you need a special tool as used on the production line to screw the orifice/ piston assembly down into the base of the body. If you do attempt to strip the valve have a complete spare valve on standby. Best of luck Glenn

aileenxuan
20-01-2015, 06:55 AM
BUMP! I am bumping your post as you have some fairly urgent questions. Sorry I have to run to dentist and cannot answer myself right now. Hopefully someone else will address, if not I will try to later today.