PDA

View Full Version : piping inquirey

macdiv
22-12-2014, 01:21 PM
Hi , I am new to the forum ,,, and this is my Very first post ....
i have a pre installation piping ruining through the floor and walls for a 18000BTU 2.25HP Sharp Ac , 2 month later i had a contract with other company to bay the machines to instal it ... there technician told me that the space is large for the 18000 and i had to use the 24000BTU , 3HP unit ,, and i told him that the piping was made 1/2inch ,,,, he told me no problem we can use a 5/8inch adapter and weld it with the original 1/2 pips ...My question now .. is this setup is OK ? or will it effect the compressor or the cooling efficiency ? cos iam using a smaller diameter long pips 8 to 11 meter ? ...Thanks

Rob White
22-12-2014, 03:51 PM

If it is meant to have 5/8 then reducing it to 1/2 will
have an effect. What about the liquid pipe?

Rob

macdiv
22-12-2014, 06:08 PM
Hi rob , thanks for your replay , the technician told me that he will use the same old piping for the 18000, 2.25HP compressor

install monkey
22-12-2014, 07:05 PM
if the new system is bigger pipework then it should all be done in the correct size= not fit an reducer at each end- the system is designed for that pipesize, any warranty would be void when it fails

macdiv
22-12-2014, 08:06 PM
Mr Monkey ... the company which is installing is responsible for the warranty as well ...and they told me that its a slite difference and it wont harm ... i am sorry pros i am not a technician ... i am end user .. and so do a lot of the company dealing with this business in my area ..so i will phrase the question again TECHNICALLY practical way what is the proper size for a 18BTU unite ? and what will happen if the size is reduced ?

macdiv
24-12-2014, 10:43 AM
little update ,,,,I forgot to till you that the pre installation pips is 12Meter long although the original pip length that came with the unite was only 4 Meter long .... the technician told me that you don't have to use a larger pip as the smaller pip will compensate the long pipe that you use ,, and that will keep the pressure healthy ... Is this OK ??