PDA

View Full Version : Daewoo FRG-1830BRS not freezing enough

MAD King
20-12-2014, 05:20 PM
Hello,

great to have a forum like this. Thank you

I bought this refrigerator 2 1/2 years ago and it noticed lately that the freezer gets only down to 2 degree Fahrenheit. I have ice cream in it and when I buy it at the store it is stone hard, but in my freezer it is almost liquid.
If I had know this product before I would have never had bought it. I thought I made a great deal on it.

Can anyone help me on how to fix it?

Thank you

frank
21-12-2014, 11:23 AM
Hello MAD King and welcome to the forum
Before anyone can give you advice you need to post some temperature readings...just saying that the ice cream isn't hard enough doesn't really give us any technical information to work with.
Is the thermostat set to maximum?
Is the condenser clean?What is the ambient temperature the fridge is working in?
Etc.
The more information you provide the more informed advice can be given

MAD King
22-12-2014, 04:06 AM
Frank,

thermostat is set to maximum and the condenser is clean. Ambient temperature during the day is 18-20 degree Celsius and at night 16.

Glenn Moore
22-12-2014, 07:22 AM
Hi Mad king
I assume the compressor is running ie hot to the touch and making a humming sound. Lookin at the pics you sent there looks to be corrosion on the pipe work if this is the case you may have started to lose gas from the system I would get an engineer to check for leaks an d re gas the system

MAD King
22-12-2014, 03:52 PM
Compressor is not making any humming sound and the pipes are copper. I just had to use a flashlight for the pictures and that is why they look like rusty.