PDA

View Full Version : Private Pilot

guapo
20-04-2006, 03:45 AM
Hi all

Any pilot in this forum?
I just finish my PPL and I find most of the suject in flying has the same principle of refrigeration.

Regards
Guapo

Peter_1
20-04-2006, 06:35 AM
Look to my private profile.

guapo
20-04-2006, 08:31 AM
nice peter, I'm impressed. just finished my PPL and I'm planning to continue and get my CPL to Ireland. But I find that the salary of the pilot is not very good, for me is just want to fly and buy my own cessna 172.

Guapo.

frank
20-04-2006, 08:51 AM
just want to fly and buy my own cessna 172.

Back in the early 80's I used to jump out of these at 10,000ft :)

US Iceman
20-04-2006, 02:11 PM
Frank, It is nice to see another fellow who is willing to take risks. I used to skydive also, but gave it up after an accident.

As I've said before, as we get older it takes longer to heal.:D

I started on my PPL, but was diverted from completing it by other events. I would like to go back and finish it though. I love to fly.

Abe
20-04-2006, 02:29 PM
some great pics here

http://www.airliners.net/
http://www.flightlevel350.com/

Abe
20-04-2006, 02:35 PM
i cant wait to see the new airbus a380 flying, its a monstor,

Peter_1
20-04-2006, 06:43 PM
Abe, I suuppose yo saw already the movies and on the tele of the several test flights?

Abe
20-04-2006, 07:44 PM
Peter

I saw the first flight from Toulouse, I am following the progress on their website, the evacuation test was a success as well.

When I was in the Air France 747 last week, I thought how big it was, then I said, well, a 380 has another storey as well, just how big is that!!

I cannot imagine it, I know the wings are really big, and the Engines are Trent 7o 000 lbs thrust each??

a 777 has each engine rated 100 000 lbs thrust, so are the 380 engines smaller then the one in the 777??

Maybe Fanborough this year, or maybe at Royal Air Tattoo in Fairford I will see a 380 in flight.

Deejey
25-04-2006, 01:57 AM
I had the experience of flying the A380 last week..Boy it sure is a heavy beast. But it was a great experience. Forgot about how high I was sitting on landing and hit pretty heavy. No damage done.
Oh I love my flight simulator...

Jase
25-04-2006, 09:32 PM
I received a flying lesson as a birthday gift around 2 years ago and found the whole experience absolutely fantastic. Would not hesitate in going up there again but can be expensive. Am I correct in thinking that you only require around 18 lessons to gain a ppl? (U.K)
Jase

US Iceman
25-04-2006, 09:54 PM
My last memory of the time required was 40 hours of instruction. I don't remember is it also included the flying time. This of course was for the US requirements.

Peter, what is the local requirements for a PPL?

Peter_1
25-04-2006, 10:37 PM
For Europe, you have the JAR requirements, you need to follow lessons in a JAR approved school.
So, a friend can't learn it to you.

Some schools provide distant learning via the computer.

You can start practical courses as soon as you want, without passing the theoretical exams.

You first need a medical check.

You can fly solo under supervision of your instructor nearby the field while training with no theoretical exams.

But you first need to succeed in you theoretical exams and have flown at least 40 hours before you can do the practical exams.
Your instructor must give his agreement before you can do your exams.

In this 40 hours, an altitude flight solo at 10,000 ft during at least 1 hour must be included.

I've also done some basic aerobatics (7 figures in total) which was needed in the old Belgium ATPL system.
For your exams, 3 were (roll, looping, spin with exact 2 turns) obligated and you had to chose then 2 other figures (roll, Immelman, split turn, wingover)
It seems difficult but it isn't in a rather small airplane.

I also had to do exams for the Morse alphabet (this was a realy boring and stupid exam)

joe magee
14-01-2007, 08:31 PM
Hi,
I have a cfii. I taught for 10 years in new jersey. I'll assume it's expensive to fly in europe considering most of the people I trained with were from England,Germany,Ireland. Etc..

Any ? :)
Regards.

Joe Magee from over the sea.