PDA

View Full Version : Bosch KGV3120GB03 Fridge and freezer have both stopped working

SILVER4444UK
13-12-2014, 09:38 PM
I have noticed that my fridge and freezer have both stopped working since it was defrosted.

If I switch the power off and then back on, the compressor runs for a short period of time, then stops and eventually the freezer defrosts and the fridge gets warmer. The compressor will not come back on automatically.

if anybody can give me any "pointers" it would be much appreciated.

Rgds.

Silver

Glenn Moore
14-12-2014, 04:00 PM
Hi Silver
Where is the freezer inside your house or garage. Why did you need to defrost it??
Does the compressor feel hot to the touch?

SILVER4444UK
14-12-2014, 04:09 PM
Hi Glenn,

Thanks for the quick reply.

The fridge freezer is in my house.
I defrosted it due to a build up of ice.
The compressor is cool to the touch.

Rgds.

Silver

Glenn Moore
14-12-2014, 07:14 PM
Hi Silver
Looks most likely that its just the thermostat that has become faulty. Depending on the manufacturer these stats can failsafe either with the contacts closed or open,. Have you a Superfreeze button on the control panel , if so switch it on , this overides the stat. If the compressor runs you will need to fit a new stat.

SILVER4444UK
14-12-2014, 09:39 PM
Hi Glenn,

I do have a Superfreeze button on the control panel,
but when I press it the compressor does not run.

Any ideas ?

Rgds.

Silver

Glenn Moore
14-12-2014, 10:21 PM
Hi Silver
You said the compressor ran for a short time after turning the power Off and On . Was it noisy or did it seem normal just a low pitch hum ? How your electrical knowledge do you have a meter?.

SILVER4444UK
16-12-2014, 12:44 AM
Hi Glenn,

The noise from the compressor was the usual hum.

From the time that I switched the power on , it ran for a total of about 5 minutes or so and then switched itself off..

Where the fridge freezer is in my kitchen it is quite cool, it is next to an outside wall and my central heating doesn't turn on until the temperature drops to 12 deg.C.

Could this have an effect on the operation of the fridge ?

Does this type of fridge freezer have a temperature sensor that senses the outside air temperature ?

I have been trying to find a wiring diagram for it online, but so far have not had any luck.

I do have some electrical knowledge and I also have a meter.

Rgds.

Silver

SILVER4444UK
18-12-2014, 06:58 PM
If anybody has any ideas regarding this defect,
I would appreciate any help.

Rgds.

Silver

Glenn Moore
19-12-2014, 11:42 PM
Hi Silver
The location of the fridge/ freezer can have an effect on the control on auto defrost thermostats, the sensor which is clipped to the fridge evaporator needs to warm up to plus 3 degrees C after it has cut out on temperature. This is achieved by you opening and closing the fridge door allowing warm air to warm the fridge section up and the fridge evaporator to defrost. But if the Fridge is placed in a cold ambient , say a cold garage then opening the door will have little effect on the fridge temperature and the fridge never warms up to plus 3 Degrees and the compressor never restarts, as the stat never resets to start the compressor.
As its in the kitchen then this should never happen.
You need to find the thermostat control which has the setting knob on . The electrical connections are on the end of the thermostat. With your meter carefully check that you have voltage coming onto one connection, and also on the out going connection . If you have power in and out, then you need to pull the relay off the side of the compressor and check that its OK. Simply by smelling the device will give a clue if its faulty. You can buy universal relays for a few pounds from most fridge wholesalers.

SILVER4444UK
20-12-2014, 09:48 AM
Thanks for your advice Glenn, I will give it a go.

Rgds.

Silver