PDA

View Full Version : Howden maintenance schedules

Tycho
12-12-2014, 10:13 PM
Hiya all

Thought I should share with you the maintenance schedule of the Howden XRV and WRV compressors

XRV Range
http://www.filedropper.com/xrvmaintenanceschedule3

WRV Range
http://www.filedropper.com/wrvmaintenanceschedule1

Tycho
12-12-2014, 10:23 PM
in the beginning I thought the years or hours was just a scam to get more service on the compressors, since on ships in Norway running on RSW get maybe 2-3000 running hours a year.
But during the last 4 years as I have overhauled XRV compressors, i have noticed that if the compressor has been 2 years on a ship and only had 8-9000 hours it is possible to overhaul to factory new.
But if an XRV compressor has been on a ship for 4-5 years on a ship, with the same amount of running hours, it's a hit and a miss if the compressor is serviceable at all....

So my advise is, at least on shipborne applications to have your customer adhere to the years, not the running hours :) it makes the difference between buying a new compressor or having the one they have being serviced :)

avico
19-12-2014, 01:29 PM
Great
Thank you

anil130
19-12-2014, 03:12 PM
thank you..its Great.

PaulZ
22-12-2014, 02:27 AM
Hi Tycho
Good info, I have saved for future reference.
Thanks
Paul

RANGER1
22-12-2014, 10:38 AM
Why do they want to change a shaft seal at interval shown?

Tycho
23-12-2014, 02:18 AM
Why do they want to change a shaft seal at interval shown?

I think, that howden has been in the market for so long that they know the average time of the components in their machinery... this is the recommended service times from howden, I have checked the alignment of compressors and motors where the shaft seals have been installed ten years before I even started working in refrigeration that are still working just fine.

The hours in these schemes are not absolutes, they are recommendations by howden

RANGER1
23-12-2014, 08:06 AM
I would also not touch it if not leaking, could possibly leak after I did it & the day is all downhill from there.