PDA

View Full Version : carrier maxima conversion

cadwaladr
11-12-2014, 06:02 PM
I have a customer with one of these just being used for static cold store use and the compressor has failed big time,was thinking of fitting a condensing unit I have alongside it basically plumbing it into the suction and liquid line and letting the original motor spin to run evaporator fan etc has anyone done a similar conversion any pitfalls to look out for my guess it will use a lot less electricity so could be cost effective and it will have a better condensor than the old maxima.

charlie patt
11-12-2014, 08:19 PM
yes done it but on the second one I did changed the evap as well lot less hastle in the long run on the first one just the condenser but times I set it up wired it the time got a bit heavy so on the next one I just changed both lot easier quicker and reliable also half the electric useage only issue is if the evap heaters go its a bit snug in there be lucky charlie

cadwaladr
11-12-2014, 11:21 PM
This job is on a tight budget and fitting a new evap could over price it but could source a second hand one and replace the heaters before fitting it ,