PDA

View Full Version : bitzer compressor lip

mostafaabdalla4
10-12-2014, 08:19 PM
Please I need help , my compressor Bitzer Model 4P-10.2-35 have a problem all pistons had broken and now I am making complete overhauling but the problem there's a small edge in the pistons place ( piston head ) the pistons can not go out side because of this edge what I can do ? this is the 1st time I see this ?
what the reason of the edge ?

RANGER1
10-12-2014, 08:35 PM
Please I need help , my compressor Bitzer Model 4P-10.2-35 have a problem all pistons had broken and now I am making complete overhauling but the problem there's a small edge in the pistons place ( piston head ) the pistons can not go out side because of this edge what I can do ? this is the 1st time I see this ?
what the reason of the edge ?

Possibly excessively worn cylinders.
Unless oversize pistons available, machine is throw a away.
If you can instal a new piston ring in worn cylinder it may be obvious how much cylinder is worn.

PaulZ
12-12-2014, 02:31 AM
Hi Mostafa
If you can't get the piston out of the cylinder then I would say the bores are so badly worn that the piston rings or what's left is catching.
As Ranger has said this will be a throw away. The cost of re-sleeving the bores and replacing all the worn parts would probably be much more then the cost of a new compressor.
I have seen this sort of wear on old recip compressors fairly often but these have been large ammonia machines and it was worthwhile repairing, but you have a small 4 cylinder compressor.
Regards
Paul