PDA

View Full Version : Not new to the industry but new to the forum :)

STRESSmAn
10-12-2014, 04:23 AM
Hi all,
New guy here.
Been doing refrigeration work since 2004 and loving it.
From Singapore, that freaking hot little red dot.
Singapore don't have any or much training and/or regulated licencing for people like us who are doing refrigeration works so its quite tough and stressful to deal with some people around here.

Hope we could connect :D.
;)

Grizzly
10-12-2014, 05:50 AM
Welcome STRESSmAn
Interesting post regarding the lack of regulation.
Good luck Grizzly

chemi-cool
10-12-2014, 01:45 PM
I'm surprised about Singapore, you learn something new every day.

Regulations are only in EU, north america, NZ and AU.
Rest of the world still use *****s and doing simple refrigeration, no recovery units and no prices from the moon.

You can always deal with me, I understand both sides...

Josip
10-12-2014, 10:23 PM
Hi, STRESSmAn :)

Welcome to RE forums ...

Hi all,
New guy here.
Been doing refrigeration work since 2004 and loving it.
From Singapore, that freaking hot little red dot.
Singapore don't have any or much training and/or regulated licencing for people like us who are doing refrigeration works so its quite tough and stressful to deal with some people around here.

Hope we could connect :D.
;)

Don't worry, government is making money in some other place ... when government realize how much money they can collect from HVACR trade ....soon they will come out with regulations ...

then will be much more stressful to deal with anyone ;)

Best regards, Josip :)

STRESSmAn
11-12-2014, 01:21 AM
Nah Josip,
My current country government is to stupid and lazy to do any real work.
They just sit on their asses and live on our Taxpayer $$$
We are well know for having overpaid politicians managing a tiny dot on the world map.

Anyway, Anyone here could point me in the right direction where I could read up on obtaining refrigeration trade licence for Australia and New Zealand?

Much appreciated :D

PaulZ
12-12-2014, 05:11 AM
Hi Stressman
If you are looking to get an Australian licence it is not easy. You will probably have to do some tests to prove competence and then apply to the Australian Refrigeration Council (ARC).
We have guys from South Africa and England working for us and it can take up to 12 months to get a licence and that's if you live here.
New Zealand is probably a bit easier and a lot of people come in the back door via NZ.
Regards
Paul