PDA

View Full Version : New guy

NH3 lvl4
09-12-2014, 03:36 AM
Hello everyone!

New to the forum, I have just started working at a industrial refrigeration plant and learning a lot. I have an idea of what is going on from http://www.refrigerationschool.com/
But it was more of an HVAC school that touched base on refrigeration. I did receive my universal epa card.

I am working with ammonia, around 60 tons or so. Its around 500k sq. ft. of total freezer so there is a lot going on. Im just looking for advise to help me in the long run, the company im working for does offer RETA courses with a few other certifications along the way. has anyone gone through this and have any tips?

Thank you

Camille
09-12-2014, 01:30 PM
As a new beginner to refrigeration I recommend you to try " Industrial Refrigeration Workshop" start Feb-16-20-2015 by Kansas State University at Charlotte, North Carolina sponsored by IIAR
TEL: 785-532-5569 OR 1-800-432-8222,registration office

Josip
09-12-2014, 07:18 PM
Hi, NH3 lvl4 :)

welcome to RE forums ...

Hello everyone!

New to the forum, I have just started working at a industrial refrigeration plant and learning a lot. I have an idea of what is going on from http://www.refrigerationschool.com/
But it was more of an HVAC school that touched base on refrigeration. I did receive my universal epa card.

I am working with ammonia, around 60 tons or so. Its around 500k sq. ft. of total freezer so there is a lot going on. Im just looking for advise to help me in the long run, the company im working for does offer RETA courses with a few other certifications along the way. has anyone gone through this and have any tips?

Thank you

Not sure about available certifications, but you can "kill" a time and learn, I believe, a lot about industrial refrigeration, books, courses etc .... surfing around forums here ...

and always, when you are in doubt, put a question here ... for sure you will get a good answer ...

Best regards, Josip :)

Magoo
10-12-2014, 02:56 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum.
You have a world (literally ) of experience at hand.
magoo

NH3 lvl4
11-12-2014, 05:29 AM
Ill look into that camille, thanks

Agreed Josip, found a lot of awesome post here

Thanks mogoo!