PDA

View Full Version : Reprogram a Carel ir33 controller

Belize
06-12-2014, 05:26 PM
I have replaced the Carel ir33 controller on my Avantco CFD -2FF freezer and I can not get it to work. The controller keeps giving me a rE; EO & E1 error code. I have tried to reprogram the unit but it will not hold the changes and returns to the error reading. I am using the probes that came with the replacement unit. I have spoken to the US agent and he has advised me to change these two settings /p & /A2, however I am unable to access these parameters when scrolling through its program menu.
Has any one an idea of how to solve this issue?

install monkey
06-12-2014, 05:45 PM
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz6TBzB0zKeAdDZmNVU3RlRaQ1U/view?usp=sharing
password 77

Controlswiz
08-01-2015, 11:34 AM
Hi Belize,

Just saw your query. Hope it is not too late.

First of all your issue of controller not accepting your newly changed values and that it shows error again. The procedure to save the changed parameters is as per the manual = "To definitively store the new values of the modified parameters, press prg for more than 5 seconds,". Therefore when you modify any configuration settings you need to press prg for 5 seconds for saving the changes and exiting the configuration menu. It will go back to its previous settings if you do not do so. I think this is why your controller goes back to error code.

Secondly how to modify /P & /A2:

/P:
Presss prg + set for 5 seconds, enter password 22 using up or down key and then press set to confirm password and enter into configuration menu.

Then keep pressing up key continuously until you reach spanner symbol /P. Press set to alter the setting to either 0 or 1 or 2 as described below.

/P: Select type of probe
Used to select the type of probe used for the measurements.
/P=0 => NTC standard with range -50T90 °C
/P=1 => NTC with extended range -40T150 °C
/P=2 => PTC standard with range -50T150°C

Press set to confirm the /P modified setting.

/A2:
Press up key to go to /A2 and change value as per below details.

/A2: Confi guration of probe 2
Used to confi gure the operating mode of probe 2.
/A2= 0 => probe 2 absent
/A2= 1 => product probe (used for display only)
/A2= 2 => defrost probe
/A2= 3 => condenser probe
/A2 = 4 => antifreeze probe

EXAMPLE: IF YOU ARE USING PROBE 2 for DEFROST THEN SET /A2 = 2. Press set to confirm

FINALLY DO NOT FORGET TO PRESS PRG TO SAVE YOUR MODIFIED SETTINGS (otherwise it will go back to previous settings after few seconds)

Trust this will help.