PDA

View Full Version : Imperial 800 Series

stueyknuxx
05-12-2014, 04:02 AM
hey guys

first post here from Australia, just a quick question, I purchased an Imperial 800 series analogue gauge manifold a few months ago and i threw them on a hi wall split and i noticed that the pressures are just plain incorrect. So i got my old refco set out of the van and put them on and they seemed alot better. suction was 900kpa R410-a but the imperials were showing 650 kpa ???

anyone have any idea whats going on ?? all i have done to them was remove the hose keepers and replaced with double sided keepers so the hoses dont just dangle around getting dirt in them.

Thanks
Stuart

p.s sorry if the kpa is confusing, I know you guys use psi, we use kpa in australia haha

Brian_UK
05-12-2014, 03:03 PM
Duff gauges somewhere.

Are they new or second hand?

stueyknuxx
05-12-2014, 11:19 PM
Brand new.

Magoo
06-12-2014, 12:53 AM
A new battery may be required, had a set of those gauges on Christmas wish list, may change that now.

stueyknuxx
06-12-2014, 10:31 PM
they dont take batteries
http://imperial-tools.com/content/800-series-deep-draw-4-valve-manifold

its so strange, surely theres not a blockage of some sort ? but if there was i wouldnt get much of a reading at all you would think ??

hookster
07-12-2014, 09:20 AM
Its obvious they were designed in the Northern Hemisphere and do not want to run backwards! :rolleyes:

Maybe they were damaged in transport, hose seals squeezing off on schrader or stupid question there are schrader depressors in the hoses (but you are getting a reading!)?

Put them on a gas bottle take standing temp and pressure compare to gauge scale, if its way out take it back to supplier and get your money back or a replacement.