PDA

View Full Version : Filter-drier & Moisture

haq
28-11-2014, 05:24 PM
Is it necessary to keep filter-Drier at a temperature of about 60 C before its installation. I believe this is necessary in order to prevent moisture from condensing on the surface before installation.

xxargs
28-11-2014, 09:40 PM
hmm moisture on outside haven non impact on filter drier.

Most important is not hold opened end to surrounding air more than few minute in time just moment for mounting/solder in system and start vacuum pump shortest possible after.

zeolite inside filterdrier have Rh value < 1% Rh and pull moisture from surrounding air very, very hard and saturate very quick and if reach 10% Rh inside core, is almost saturated and all drying capacity are consumed - ie. after ~15-30 minuter with flares open to air (and filter drier possible going warm to hot of absorbed humidity and give heat), you can drop filter drier in trash-can even if looks very new and unused.

newer break manufacture sealing on filter drier to just before time to mounting in system - every minutes with open end to surrounding air counts and decrease capacity in filter drier...

haq
30-11-2014, 09:26 AM
thanks for the reply.
I meant moisture condensation on the inside surface by the way.

monkey spanners
30-11-2014, 02:14 PM
I think it just needs to be warm enough not to get water condensing on it as it is being fitted, it is not a problem i have had so far.